This is a project that I did with my gifted high school students. First they have to choose three words that describe themselves. Next, they have to pick one song representing each of their three words. Once they find the lyrics of the songs, the fun or should I say "the lifting" begins. They lift words, phrases and entire lines from the three lyrics in order to create an original song about themselves. I've included my original song as an example. My three words were talented, spiritual and hopeful.
8 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 4 previous comments
- So is this plagiarism or is it hacking or is it something else entirely?
I tend to think of it as something useful, worthy, and as a touchstone to something even better.Jul 10, 2014
- Just curious what the background page is? Is it Powerpoint or something else? Love the idea! We should all have our theme songs.Jul 10, 2014
- Thanks. Yes it is PowerPointJul 10, 2014
- Jul 11, 2014
- Sheri EdwardsModeratorBy the way, you did add this to the Make Bank, right?Jul 11, 2014
- No I haven't. Would you like me to?Jul 13, 2014