Below are a few tips to spruce up your apartment for the new year.
1) Go through cabinets, closets, and desks to find and recycle all unneeded paper products.
2) Feeling the burden of an overstuffed closet? Give your old clothes a second life; donate any unused clothing to Goodwill!
3) Recycle your electronic products. Most electronics stores will take your old or broken products and recycle them. Avoid tossing those in the trash!
4) Use eco-friendly cleaning supplies. Most stores carry a great selection of environmentally friendly cleaning products, pick some up on your next shopping trip. Or, better yet - make your own! Simple household items like baking soda and vinegar can be used for any number of jobs.
5) Freshen up! Simmering water, citrus peel, and fresh mint or basil will lighten up the air in your apartment without any added toxins from synthetic air-fresheners (and it will save you money as well!). Make sure you never leave your stove unattended.
Why wait until spring, when cleaning can be this simple? Keeping it green will help your apartment stay healthy and toxin free. What are your favorite go-to green cleaning or organizing tips? Comment below to share your ideas!