Start a hangout
37 followers|31,228 views
D.V.S* (Derek VanScoten) is a guitarist/ EDM producer/ dj/ educator based in Brooklyn.
- visit DVS Music
It isn’t easy to corner guitarist/ producer D.V.S* into a particular genre. His monster amp blasts ignite dance riots, while his sensual melodies aim straight for your heart.
In the process of refining his two sided sound, his originals and remixes have been steadily forming packed dance floors since 2009.
D.V.S* (aka Derek VanScoten) released “Coming Up For Air,” a 30 song double album in late 2011.
Vol. 1 “Dusk” portayed his late night bass driven music, while Vol. 2 “dawn” was filled with downtempo and reflective pieces.
As a prolific electronic producer, D.V.S* has released music on Daly City Records, Soulection, 1320 Records, Dublab Radio, Pretty Lights Music, Electronic Musician Magazine, Gravitas Recordings, and his own label, Octave Memory Tapes.
As a seasoned performer, VanScoten has spent considerable time on the road with electronic acts like Tycho, Random Rab, Ott, Bluetech, Tipper, Govinda, FreQnasty, Lotus, MartyParty, Emancipator, Ana Sia, Beats Antique, Big Gigantic, and EOTO.
No stranger to the live band scene, he has also performed as a respected multi-instrumentalist with talents as diverse as Devotchka, The Motet, DJ Logic, and the Boulder Philharmonic.
D.V.S* finds his signature sound via Ableton Live, the Keith McMillen Softstep, and 14 different guitars. On the road he plays a custom telecaster designed from scratch.
Recent Press:::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::
• “Storming Guitar.” Ott
• “Call it Indie electronic, Indietronic, Dubstep, Glitchhop, who cares, it’s dope!” Remix the Video
• “If Ratatat and Bonobo had a baby, this would be it.” Glitch.CZ
• “Music capable of transcending the rock/ electronica gap.” Relix
• “A shift in where the electronic frontiers are headed.” TheUntz.com
• “The vitality of the New York City / Brooklyn lifestyle can be felt in every track.” Earmilk.com
• “The consummate working example of future music.” 507projex.com
• “It’s as though he crossed sound waves with Bon Iver, only to then meet Flying Lotus, all the while running alongside Thom Yorke.” DigBoston
• “D.V.S* combines beautiful melodies, super fat beats, and jazz guitar power. Very positive sounds from a unique, new voice in modern music…highly recommended.” Brian Haas, Pianist – JFJO
• “Amon Tobin and Nina Simone would be proud to embrace his style as their own.” Lost in Sound (NYC/ Boston)
• “Downtempo Tracks of the Year for 2010 (Attunement) and 2011 (Trees).” Welcome Hohme (NYC)