Legend of Grimrock (FIXED!): I had more fun playing this yesterday than any game in a LONG time. Took me back to Wizardry and Ultima Underworld times! Def check it out, gonna make it a Fave Five for sure!
150 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 68 previous comments
- Grimrock is a stellar presentation of what thinking games used to be. Been playing since day 1 and I'm only on level 8... Puzzles and strategy and grids? Oh my!May 2, 2012
- that looks cool. you may have convinced me to shell out $15...May 2, 2012
- Definitely try it on normal before hard... or you may be starting over after a few hours of reloading.May 3, 2012
- The spiders on lvl. 3 are goosebump-inducing..May 4, 2012
- OK: if we are going for the history of great ancient computer games:
PDP-8 had the first space invaders style game I have seen. When I was producing induced motion videos for testing on a PDP-8 using an oscilliscope as an out put screen (and a pair of DtoAs to produce 'video') we had a set of four or five 'action' games written on this same hardware.
This was back in '76, when all the rest of the university was operating on punch cards!
2nd greatest game I played was RATS. Is there anyone here who played the game RATS which ran on the CTOS/BTOS operating system back in early 80s (prior to the PC taking over the 80x86 space).
.May 4, 2012
- Gotta say, an awesome game to the boot.May 4, 2012