My player's ran through Three Brides. I changed it up so that the dragon was still alive and WAY powerful to the point that the PCs had no chance fighting it. So they had to make a deal to get the McGuffin in the old cemetary (Death Frost Doom) so that the dragon wouldn't kill the maiden or raze the entire town of Pembrooktonshire to protect its secret. PC's went through DFD and survived for the most part. So we have 40k undead freshly risen and I don't know where to go from here. Here are my ideas;
- The players return the McGuffin back to the dragon and plead for it's help. It says it needs a "thing" to return the dead to their graves.
- The players say, "fuck this," and try to leave the valley. Unfortunately, the only pass is blocked by a recent landslide.
- A mad scientist has built a flying machine that needs a "thing" to power his flying machine to escape the valley, but that "thing" is in an abandoned mine filled with mutant miners. The thing in question is actually what caused the miners to mutate.
- The local sage needs a "thing" as the final component in a ritual in order to return the dead to rest.
- A vampire lord also wants the "thing" because he DOESN'T want it to be used to destroy his undead army - and the PC's have already made a deal with him in the past...
- The mining company in Pembrooktonshire that owns the rights to the mine that has the "thing" hires the PC's to clear out the mine of monsters (actually former miners who have been mutated) in order to not only stop the undead, but to profit from the mad scientist's inventions
- the mutant miners are at war with the dwarves who live below them and who give the dragon tribute in exchange for the maidens, because they are actually mutant humans who need females to breed with.
Sounds somewhat fleshed out, right? Problem is, I need a fucking dungeon or something for all of it to come together. I am TERRIBLE at making dungeons. Any suggestions?