Linux 3.1.8 is now out, I'll probably only do one more 3.1.x kernel release, so you should all be moving to 3.2 as soon as possible.
85 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 12 previous comments
- I'm really waiting for Arch Linux and Chakra Project to add 3.2 to the installation images because I want to install them on my brand new RevoDrive 3 (which needs the mvsas driver). I tried building the images yesterday but it was a major pain in the ass for Chakra since it uses Isolinux to boot, I mostly had to figure out everything myself and it uses the 3.1 kernel. Arch was slightly better since they use the 3.2 kernel but I just got tired of it after messing with Chakra for about 6+ hours.Jan 8, 2012
- Linux rivendell 3.2.0-gentoo-r1 #1 SMP Sat Jan 7 13:59:44 GMT 2012 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
All working fine here :) thank you Linus and the other people that work on the kernelJan 8, 2012
- Jan 9, 2012
- 3.2 has been released ...Jan 9, 2012
- Yes, but there isn't an installation image that includes 3.2 yet. :-( The latest image is from August.Jan 9, 2012
- That won't work for me (unless I can change to the new kernel on the fly), I need the livecd to boot v3.2 so that it will even detect the drive.Jan 15, 2012
Add a comment...