I grant that some of it matches, depending on your state, such as having to be over 18 before driving alone.
In the majority, however, I have to disagree with you.
* Anyone can sell a car.
* Anyone can buy a car, even if they cannot operate it legally, including vehicles like semi trucks.
* Background checks are not required.
* I do not have to validate my lifestyle meets any regulations to own a vehicle.
* I can mail a vehicle anywhere without really knowing who is on the other end or going through a licensed dealer.
* I can be fined for enhancing my vehicle but not put in jail. Corollary, I don't know of any car part that I can have in my possession that will result in immediate jail time. (See http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/23/miller-dc-businessman-faces-two-years-jail-unregis/?page=all
There are more in there but those are just a few.
Don't even get me started about how crazy it is to become an 03 FFL, much less an 06!