Shared publicly  - 
quick question. say you have an individual, and a few siblings, genotyped. but you don't have their parents or parents' relatives. is there is a way to reconstruct which homologs came from which parent (assume they are basically same ethnicity)? the way thought would be to look for methylation patterns on imprinted genes where the bias is always toward one sex or the other, and use those loci as tags. deas?
Thomas Avasol's profile photoZachary Kurtz's profile photoHisham Eldai's profile photoRobert Beckstead's profile photo
at least some histone modifications are thought to be inherited as well, though there's still a lot unknown
based on their gender we could probably look at traits that are more x-linked or more y-linked maybe