We are proud to announce the new 0.46 release of Rex.
This release comes with a bunch of new cool features like Rex::Test a (currently basic) testing framework, KVM support for Rex::Box and RackSpace cloud support.
You'll find all the new features and changes on the homepage .
We're also looking for people willing to help extending and improving Rex. If you're willing to help in coding, documentation, testing, release management or the webpage please feel free to contact us via irc  or this google group.
These are the changes, for examples see :
* Rex::Box, added kvm support - #174
* core: allow passing template content to template command - #345 - reneeb
* core/report: refactored report generation. This change break backward compat. because the report format changed.
* core: added groups_dbi() function to generate server groups from sql - #346 - Jean-Marie RENOUARD
* core: added groups_yaml() function to generate server groups from yaml file - Jean-Marie RENOUARD
* core: add support for df on a given mount point - Simon Bertrang
* cloud/amazon: fixed a case where amazon returns instance item in an array - Kasim Tuman
* core: added authentication to download() function. - #340
* core: refactored tmp dir generation - FErki
* cloud: added cloud_volume detach/attach function
* cloud/amazon: fixed multiple tags - David Golovan
* core: added description to environments - #274
* refactored README.pod to README.md, added build badge - eduardoj
* core: extended rexify command to work with git
* core/test: Added Rex::Test - Framework to run tests
* core: Connect failure reports "Error running task/batch: Wrong username/password or wrong key" - #359 - eduardoj
* core/cmdb: path can now have variables / can be extended
* core/user: refactored handling of home directory creation. This might break compat. because we are following the system default now. (added create_home option) - #270 - FErki
* core: added a special load path for perl libraries, so that we don't mix up perl and rex modules.
* core/service: using nohup to work around a bug in Net::SSH2/libssh2
* core: the caching is now enabled by default. this might break backward compat. if you are using chroot() to another system inside a task.
* core: added 'no_cache' feature.
Have a lot of fun,
- the Rex team #rexops #sysadmin #cfgmgmt #perl #devops