What's tbe highest level you commonly play to?
no plus ones
View 48 previous comments
- I think it's all good though. If you like playing till PCs are fighting extraplanar forces, that's good. If you like playing at around level 9, that's good too. I hope this doesn't become a discussion about which type of campaign is better (or right). Each GM is different. Each group is different. What we have in common is love for the game.34w
- Naw its all good.34w
- Oh, no. Of course whatever's fun is fun. I sincerely did not wish my post to give that air.
In fact, I play so loose and wild and wooley that after a four year long Tunnels & Trolls campaign all I had the whole while and all I had after left to show for it as a GM was a single sheet of paper with bits written all over in every direction (that includes a number of important NPC, none statted). I was putting my view of levels and type of play in context, as Jackie had done in his last post which made his view of levels make more sense to me so I did so in kind. Context matters. :)34w
- Whew. Cool. Maybe I misread. In any case, I found the sharing on their experiences very insightful. Especially since I ran the game back when there's nobody to compare my DM-style against. I grew up in the Philippines and D&D gamers are super rare (as are the gaming materials).34w
- That is a very interesting poll.I did not expect it to be that slanted towards low level play. Sounds like B/X hit it just right, with some padding on top, with its 1-14 range.34w
- I started in early 1980 and since then I've only see level 9 as a player once (twice, I was running two characters); as a referee, level 6 is probably the highest we've gone. My current campaign is running out of steam at level 4...34w
Add a comment...