Received an email to say I was eligible for a custom URL. But I'm required to verify a mobile phone # However I'm one of those odd people who do not own one. So what is the procedure in this case?
3 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 11 previous comments
- It worked. Google voice is not available in my town, zip code or area code, so I asked them to give me a number in a different area code, a metropolitan area, and they did. I used it, got the verification code online and finished the task. Yes, it worked, thanks!Oct 30, 2013
- You're very welcome :-)Oct 30, 2013
- For all participating here and have used a "temporary" number in order to process the required verification to claim the Custom URL ... is that number now showing up in your Google account settings, under Phone Numbers?
If so, do you have a way to remove it? The temporary mobile number I used appears there, but I can't get rid of it, and I have no idea how Google might use that phone number going forward.Oct 30, 2013
- yes! I have the same issue here. The number isn't able to be modified in any place of the settings panel, even in the Security tab :S But... It cares? I hope this will be not a problem in the future! :SOct 30, 2013
- Thanks for the confirmation.Oct 30, 2013
- You can also turn off phone notifications under that same area if you're having trouble changing the phone number.Oct 30, 2013
Add a comment...