- Private PracticePsychotherapist, present
- Sandy Hill Community Health Centre Health CentrePsychotherapist, 2010 - present
- Canadian Broadcasting CorporationWriter-Producer
- The Toronto StarStaff Writer
- The Gazette (Montreal)Deputy City Editor
- Royal Bank of CanadaMedia Relations Director
- Canada PostDirector of Public Relations
- Department of Energy (Canada)Chief of Staff
A fluently bilingual native Montrealer, Patrick moved to the Ottawa area in the 1980s.
He is a professional counsellor-psychotherapist and a certified member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association and a member in good standing of EMDR Canada, a national organization of therapists specializing in the treatment of trauma victims. He holds Masters degrees in both Counselling and Pastoral Theology from Saint Paul University in Ottawa, a Diploma in Ministry from Saint Francis Xavier University in Antigonish, N.S., and has a graduate and undergraduate education in public policy and administration.
Prior to becoming a counsellor-psychotherapist, his professional career as a manager, writer, editor, and television producer took him into senior positions in media, government, banking, and consulting. As a communications consultant he has used his talents as a writer, editor, and strategic planner to serve diverse organizations in government, business and the non-profit sector.
Patrick has combined his experience as a counsellor, communications professional and trainer to serve clients in a wide variety of settings. He has worked with people facing major life issues ranging from addictions through trauma and terminal illness. He is active in the community and has taught care giving and communications skills to a number of volunteer groups. He is qualified in the latest modern therapy techniques such as EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) as well as ancient practices like meditation, and he brings both into his clinical work.
He has served as a counsellor intern at a children’s mental health agency and at a residential addictions treatment program. Active as a volunteer in a variety of settings including hospital and prison, he is also active in a number of adult education programs. He is the author of a manual on pastoral care and has taught care giving skills to a number of volunteer groups.
He is married, the father of a grown son and two school-aged children and lives on a farm in the Ramsay Township ward of Mississippi Mills, ON.
- Saint Paul UniversityTheology, 2000 - 2003
- University of Ottawa-Saint Paul UniversityCounselling, 2004 - 2006
- University of TorontoPolitical Economy, 1970 - 1971
- Concordia UniversityPolitical Science, 1965 - 1970
- Saint Francis Xavier UniversityMinistry, 1999 - 2000
- McMaster UniversityAddictions, 2000