Alright, so Eric and me have been trying to finalize work on the xfwm4 ochosi/tabwin branch and I think we're pretty much there. We're mostly doing a small review and then I hope this can get merged into #xfce
* option to show as listview
* style properties (e.g. to tweak classic and listview-appicon-sizes)
* mouse-click support (should also help with touchscreens)
* some visual improvements (optional transparency, window roundness etc)
* option in xfwm4-tweaks to enable the listview (see screenshot)
If you wanna try it head over to http://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/log/?h=ochosi/tabwin
Feedback is highly appreciated!
users there's a PPA for 13.10 and 14.04 to test:https://launchpad.net/~unit193/+archive/xfce
Just a note to the screenshots: the blue highlight is the mouse-hover style, the black selection is the keyboard-selection. If you just hover with the mouse without clicking anything, the selected item will remain/be the keyboard-selection.
If you wanna try this style, you can get it here: https://github.com/shimmerproject/Greybird/tree/ochosi/tabwin