Published in this morning! These are 99 different tips that I consider real zingers. They are meant to reframe the way you think about things - all in a single line.
Many of these were source from people here on Google+. Here are some great ones:
1. Give content away for free that everyone thinks you are mad for not selling. ( )
2. Links are the result, not the goal. ( )
3. Authenticity is hard to fake. ( )
4. Being truly helpful, solving someone's problem: that's engagement that's memorable. ( )
5. Don't be afraid to mention and link to your competition. If you are providing amazing content it should provide other resources. ( )
6. Optimize for business objectives and people first, search second. ( )
7. Be an expert, or go home (from me!)
And also, the one shown in the image below, because so many people get it wrong. Looking for authoritative links? The biggest variable in authority is relevance! (hey, maybe I should have made that a zinger too!)
To everyone who contributed ideas to this article, I did not get to use all of your ideas, and this was often because it was something that was already covered by a previously created tip. But, thanks to all of you who contributed!
#contentmarketing #seo #digitalmarketing
1. Investment in Social Media Will Become a Necessity, Not a Luxury
2. Google+ Will Become a Major Factor
3. Image-Centric Networks Will See Huge Success
4. We’ll Witness the Rise of Micro-Video
5. Foursquare Will Decline Sharply
6. MySpace, Love it or Hate it, Will Grow
7. LinkedIn Will Become a Major Player for B2B Business Growth
- Social Media UnitySocial Media Strategist, Web Designer, SEO, 2011 - present
- FreelanceWeb & Graphic Designer, 2009 - 2011
- PT & BeyondPublic Relations & Marketing, 2007 - 2008
10 big tech trends for 2014 and how to use them in your marketing strate...
By Judith Middleton and Nicola ByersWhether you are in marketing or IT or frankly any kind of business at all, technology is likely to disru
10 Free Tools For Monitoring Your Brand’s Online Reputation
Do you pay attention to what people say about you on the internet? Occasionally Googling the name of your company, product or service might
Business Social Media Benefits with Google Plus | Social Media Today
The social network run by Google — the gateway to your business — is a game-changer. It ties together several Google products and delivers m
20 Inspiring SlideShare Presentations Every Marketer Should See
Get inspired to create your own SlideShare presentation by checking out these 20 SlideShare presentations for marketers.
5 Content Marketing Tools for Better Planning, Management and Tracking
In this era of content marketing, creating and maintaining an editorial calendar and managing all of your content assets are essential for i
Instagram Video update allows brands and publishers to upload custom con...
The battle for short form video just kicked up a notch as one of the most requested features finally arrives to Instagram, upload from libra
30 Quick Content Marketing Tips Every Marketer Needs to Know
You already know content marketing is the new SEO. So what are you waiting for? Might as well go out there and start blogging so you can get
How To Succeed At Relationship Marketing With One Simple, Universal Meth...
[Guest blog post by Jay Baer]: Every day, consumers get overwhelmed by a flood of invitations on the web from hundreds of companies asking t
New App from Google that Could Be Marketing Dream App | Social Media Today
Last Friday, Google revealed that they were developing and testing a new app, Mine. The concept behind this is to be able to list all of you
6 insanely cool medical apps and gadgets | Gearburn
Technology plays a vital role in the medical industry, and the ever-advancing stream of medical gadgets and apps are making the lives of our
Four More Ways to Crack the Keyword (not provided) Code
Secure search now obscures up to 60% of search visits, making it virtually impossible to determine which keywords are driving your site traf
Google pours $12 million into Africa's renewable energy sector | memeburn
Google announced today its first renewable energy investment in Africa. The search giant is making sure the lights (and your Android phone)
Google and Facebook Bid for Waze Startup | Social Media Today
Facebook and Google are battling to purchase Waze, a start-up that uses crowdsourced traffic reports to help you on your way. Waze may also