Who will benefit from this session?
• Anyone involved in training others to lead inquiry-based experiences in art museums, and interested in expanding their repertoire of training materials.
• This will be especially useful for anyone who works with K-12 learners, as well as anyone who trains volunteers or new staff to work with these visitors during guided tours.
What can participants expect from the session?
• Discover fresh ideas for articles and books that can support the training of volunteers and new staff to lead inquiry-based experiences in art museums.
• Share benefits and challenges of integrating readings into training calendars
• Hear from a diverse range of museum education professionals
• David Bowles (moderator), Assistant Museum Educator for School Programs, Metropolitan Museum of Art
• Mark Osterman, Guiding Programs Manager, Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, Miami
• Cris Scorza, Education Curator, Museum of Contemporary Art, San Diego
• Rebecca Shulman Herz, Rebecca Herz Consulting
• Niki Norris, Museum Guide and Curriculum Coordinator, Musical Instruments Museum
NAEA Technology Support
• Michelle Grohe, Director of School and Teacher Programs, Isabelle Stewart Gardner Museum