A PADI Course Director, EFR and DAN Instructor Trainer, Dave Rintoul has contributed to the success of dive resorts, retail facilities and instructor development centers nationwide. As a dive expert, talented marketer, and passionate educator, he has been recognized by PADI for his innovative new customer acquisition and continuing education programs. Dave’s excellent reputation as a quality instructor and relationship builder is a source of pride and repeat business.
In addition to working as an instructor, Dave contributes to public education at the Seattle Aquarium. During his five years of interpretation and volunteer diving, he has supported sixgill shark research events and trained the Aquarium’s Diving Safety Office as Emergency Oxygen Instructors.
In 2003, Dave joined REEF while working as an Instructor at a Florida Keys resort. In 2011, he was accepted to their Advanced Assessment Team and has participated in many survey research events in the Caribbean and Pacific Northwest. Committed to protecting the environment, Dave has organized and led several popular and successful underwater cleanup activities.
A customer care veteran of both Siemens and Microsoft, Dave excels at building partner relationships and developing mutually beneficial technology and business opportunities. Recognized for achievement at both companies, he has channeled his initiative, work ethic and drive to succeed fulltime in the scuba industry since 2008.
- University of WaterlooComputer Engineering, 1992
- Villanova UniversitySix Sigma Green Belt, 2009
- Professional Association of Diving InstructorsCourse Director, 2010
- Divers Alert NetworkInstructor Trainer, 2011
- Better Dive ProCourse Director, 2008 - present
- Dive Canuck ScubaInstructor Trainer, 2003 - 2010
- MicrosoftSr. Product Manager, 2006 - 2008
- Siemens AGDirector of Business Development, 2004 - 2006
- MicrosoftSr. Business Development Manager, 1999 - 2003
- Siemens AGGlobal Manager, 1995 - 1998