79 followers|30,293 views
Works at Department of Justice
Attended Capella University
79 followers|30,293 views
- Department of JusticeIt-Specialist/Datamgt, 2009 - presentPrepares and coordinates the design and development of Online Transaction Processing and Data Warehouses or Data Marts meeting business and mission requirements. Leads and/or supports projects to develop and implement meta-schema. Utilizes considerable ingenuity and innovation to coordinate and/or support the implementation of new enterprise-wide database strategies; defines implementation plans and actions and interprets strategies as required. Serves as an expert for Oracle database management systems. Supplies technical support to computer personnel and users for production databases/applications. Works with developers to establish and enforce database standards, procedures, and guidelines. Participates in the planning of future database expansion, upgrades, enhancements, and selections. Evaluates, reviews, and recommends upgrades for existing databases. Plans and builds the infrastructure for the total database environment including database management systems, data dictionaries, security systems, communication software, and end user software. Selects and recommends database package tools to better facilitate application development, data administration, and database administration functions. Supports the application development SDLC life cycle by providing data analysis, data modeling, logical and physical database design, data access and data integrity enforcement. Performs schema and database objects' design, development and implementation. Provides capacity planning on the database size based on the anticipated transaction load and database growth rate. Adheres to the industrial best practices, develops, implements, and supports DBA standard procedures to be in compliance with the IT Security Directives and Library-wide Directives. In addition, provides day-to-day operation and maintenance support by proactively monitoring the health of the databases, monitors/tunes database performance, analyzes, troubleshoots, and corrects issues, and provides recommendations/consultation to the application teams on preventive actions. Supports database backup/recovery requirement, and other database activities as requested by the application team.
- Baltimore City Public SchoolSpecial education teacher/Technology Consultant, 2001 - 2010
There is only today...and I am going to enjoy it the best I can!
Whatever problem we face today, will make us stronger tomorrow. ~Sereta Collington
living to tell what Christ died to say!
- Capella UniversityInformation Technology, 2007 - 2010
- Daemen CollegeHumanity/Special Education, 1997 - 2000
- University of PhoenixCurriculum and Instruction, 2002 - 2013