Not drinking cow's milk is okay by me, but sometimes sipping on almond "milk" tastes like wet papier-mâché.
16 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 16 previous comments
- Yea, I gave up on dairy a long time ago. You can DIY oat-milk; grind a tiny bit of raw oats, flax, and raw almonds in a grinder, put that in a blender with a tiny bit of salt, and sugar (and/or fruit, maple syrup...) Fill the blender with hot water and blend high for a few mins, then cool it in the fridge... Make sure to use ONLY a TINY BIT of the ingredients though and mostly water, or it will also end up like wallpaper paste ;) I fill mason jars with it...Apr 27, 2012
- oh and a tiny bit of real vanilla!Apr 27, 2012
- My wife grew up on Soy Milk (lactose problems with family). The stuff tastes like uncooked bread dough to me. It ruins chocolate milk as well.Apr 27, 2012
- Maybe I should try wet paper macheApr 27, 2012
- thank for the tip!
Do you have a recipe with precise amounts?Apr 27, 2012
- The amounts are basically REALLY SMALL. like 4 - 6 whole almonds... maybe 2 tablespoons of the grains... Experiment. All the dry ingredients together usually fit in a coffee grinder! (maybe less than a quarter cup) Shows what you are paying for in the store!! I also make sure I grind everything fine, plus blend it with hot (almost boiling) water on high for a good 3 mins until it is frothy and fully well mixed! Also, It's usually best the next day after it all relaxes.Apr 28, 2012