Ooo, G+ appears to be gathering steam. Good! So far, reasons I like it better than FB:
1. You can press return without accidentally posting.
2. I get to define my relationship with the rest of my network. I don't have to call everyone my 'friend' when they're not. I can call a circle 'Asshats' if I want to.
3. It's built with privacy as a core function, not as a begrudging, retrofitted set of semi-comprehensible options.
4. I don't have to accept or reject friend requests- meaning I can ignore people without actually rejecting them, or decide for myself where they fit.
5. No bulls*it farmville nonsense, though I'm sure its time will come.