It's a good day, we jus' launched Carbon for Android on Google Play Store.
It's been a long ride so far, failed a few times which we're not ashamed off and finally cranked up the project and here we are.
The idea behind the design in Carbon has always been giving our users access to all of their Twitter content in one screen without the need to drill down to different screens to get them. Timeline, Mentions, Messages on the home screen, an extended Lists, Favorites, Trends as an extended screen to the main screen. All there.Highlights
- Tilt Timeline to Refresh
- Power Scroll: Scroll/Swipe up or down using Two fingers to jump to top or bottom of Timelines
- Tap+Hold on Tweets to make everything clickable right on the Timeline
- QuickTimeline, home screen quick Timeline for Lists, Searches, Trends, etc...
- Rich Timelines with full inline images and videos
- Rich and HD style for User Profiles
- Rich and fun Conversation View
- Threaded Direct Messages
- Background updates with quick actions for Jelly Bean, per account
- Username Autocomplete
- Filters for Hashtags, Users, and KeywordsWhy you no have Tablet UI?
We're working on a dedicated Tablet app, That's clearly why. Since the experience on a stretched out or a tricked
out phone UI for Tablet didn't really make sense, so once we're ready we'll talk about it.
We have limitations when it comes to Twitter API, we have 100,000 tokens that we can use, and we wanted to use all of them for Phone users who will have the full Carbon experience rather than an extended
or tricked up
experience of a Phone app on Tablets.
Carbon works with Twitter v1.1 API, which means there are a lot of strict rules for using Twitter data, hence, rate limits. Every Timeline can refresh 15 times in every given 15 minutes and so on. We'll enhance that with a Streaming experience when it's ready.Why so little settings?
Adding customisable options and settings and non-Twitter options are those that don't take much time in development nor architecting. We had to give priority to design and performance, and most importantly wanted users to use the app the way we thought it was best first, before adding customisations. We'll get there with updates as we go.
So without adding up more words, check it out!https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dotsandlines.carbon