- My 9 year old, and one of the things she and her 6 year old sister said when they realized, with great dismay, that there would be no more =(
Both made me smile.
The silliness of it makes me chuckle, and that it shows how far I am from where I was is... worth reflecting on.
I've got great friends, from 37 years past to recent.
I'm a lucky guy.
Where I lurk more, and share less =(
The one with the bear is epic.
Now I want to play...
Related, but unrelated, I know Kent will get a kick out of these:
Yes, I believe this sums it up nicely.
I lurk more now.
In May 2013 I finished my Masters. That took a chunk. My photography, for almost the whole year prior, was focused almost exclusively on (post)processing my photo doc.
Last August I started training as a Bowen Therapist, and started a new job (from tech teaching/training to Unix admin, that was a big kick in the brain).
And my laptop died right after I received my degree. At least it waited til I finished it =) Though, it's really hard to be a DSLR enthusiast without a machine capable of doing all the tweakwerk it requires =|
I iPhone most of my captures now. It's a convenience thing. The camera you have with you, and all that.
While I lurked, looking at the stats of some of my favorite photographers, I wondered if G+ is a hugely off-kilter popularity contest- where it's hard for the less popular kids to be as noticeable as the most popular ones.
I watch a few people, in particular, and wonder why their popularity hasn't grown much the past year. They're awesome. They deserve a lot more praise and a lot more interest in their work.
I'm not sure how G+ will fit in my life in the coming months.
I'll finish my anatomy class soon, and be a certified Bowen Therapist.
I'll continue to learn more in my new job, and dream of Tron.
If I get a new computer, I may trade my D7000 in for a D300 (I really miss my D200, and I don't enjoy the D7000 as much), and maybe I'll get the urge to photograph like I used to.
And there are those writing projects I'm working on...
Not sure if G+ will give me the interaction and support I need for my hobbies and life.
We'll have to see.
As much as I hate about it, FB, at the least, provides more dialog. I don't have to compete, like the people I watch here, against the popular kids for interaction.
And on that reflection, enjoy some metal =)
- Self via Zen From WithinBowen Therapist in training, 2013 - presentMy evening job. I injured my back when I was 12. Decided to follow in the footsteps of the woman who did more for my pain than any treatment I tried over the last 30 years. Hoping to help others manage their pain the way my mentor Melita helped me.
- West Virginia UniversityUNIX Sys Admin, 2013 - presentNew job! A chance to get back to my computer nerd roots. Excited and scared- in a good way =) Work with some of the smartest people I've ever met. And they're good people, too.
- West Virginia UniversityTech Trainer, 2005 - 2013I love to teach. This job allowed me to train faculty, staff, and students in everything from Blackboard to Photoshop. I'm an IT resource for trouble-shooting whatever comes my way. I helped students with their ETDs (electronic theses and dissertations), too.
- Bowenwork Academy USABowen Therapist in training., presentOn the certification track. Taking training. Apprenticing under Melita Mollohan.
- West Virginia UniversityB.A. in English (Creative Writing) and M.S. in Journalism (Photodocumentary), 1996 - 2013
Clive Barker's Nightbreed Is Getting Turned Into A TV Series
Remember Nightbreed,the totally insane Clive Barker monster movie centered around a pack of wonderfully gruesome monsters living under a cem
Shopping Cart - Online Gaming Store for Cards, Miniatures, Singles, Pack...
Online Gaming Store for Cards, Miniatures, Singles, Packs & Booster Boxes
Fix Your Computer Hunch and Other Posture Problems in 30 Seconds
This one exercise can greatly improve your mobility and flexibility--and cure the many ills that come from sitting hunched in front of a scr
Scientists Revived 400-Year-Old Plants That Could Help Us Live on Mars
A recently uncovered, perfectly preserved, 400-year-old plant specimen might be the answer to our increasingly important colonization of oth
The Year's Best Weird Internet Video Gets Its Viral Payoff
At the end of September, a video of a girl dancing, sword in hand, to electronic music, while an old woman and dog looked on, appeared on Yo
3 Computer Simulations that Changed The World (And 2 That Are on the Verge)
Computer simulations have already massively transformed our ability to study complicated situations and events. We can study the effects of
The Day The LOLcats Died: The Ultimate SOPA Protest Song
There are many ways to stand up to SOPA. Websites like Wikipedia and BoingBoing are dark, there's a rally in New York, and people everywhere
Uncrashable Rolling Robot Takes To the Skies To Avoid Obstacles
Researchers at the Illinois Institute of Technology have developed a novel take on the rollcage-wrapped flying bot that does more than just
A gorgeous retelling of Little Red Riding Hood, using silhouettes and pl...
This is Red, a phenomenally atmospheric take on Little Red Riding Hood from directors Jorge Jaramillo and Carlo Guillot and composer Manuel