Climate change deniers drive me crazy =(
"It’s worth noting how many authors agree with the basic fact of global warming – more than nine thousand. And that’s just in a single year. Now I understand as well as anyone else that consensus does not imply truth but I find it odd how there aren’t even a handful of scientists who deny global warming presumably because the global warming mafia threatens to throttle them if they do. It’s not like we are seeing a 70-30% split, or even a 90-10% split. No, the split is more like 99.99-0.01%." (http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/the-curious-wavefunction/2014/01/10/about-that-consensus-on-global-warming-9136-agree-one-disagrees/)
Wow. Seeing a cutaway makes it more impressive.
I don't know any pot smokers who'd claw their way from the office, in to the freezing cold, six times a day to get high.
Hell, weather is irrelevant. It wouldn't happen, unless they worked at Willy Wonka's.
So, in comparison, a dedicated toker would waste ZERO minutes on work-time breaks to get their plant-based buzz on.
Tobacco, causing irritability in, and lost time for, workers all day.
Marijuana, no doubt the people who smoke when they go out to lunch go unnoticed, because they're pleasant and focused when they return.
At least, that's my un-empirical opinion.
- Self via Zen From WithinBowen Therapist in training, 2013 - presentMy evening job. I injured my back when I was 12. Decided to follow in the footsteps of the woman who did more for my pain than any treatment I tried over the last 30 years. Hoping to help others manage their pain the way my mentor Melita helped me.
- West Virginia UniversityUNIX Sys Admin, 2013 - presentNew job! A chance to get back to my computer nerd roots. Excited and scared- in a good way =) Work with some of the smartest people I've ever met. And they're good people, too.
- West Virginia UniversityTech Trainer, 2005 - 2013I love to teach. This job allowed me to train faculty, staff, and students in everything from Blackboard to Photoshop. I'm an IT resource for trouble-shooting whatever comes my way. I helped students with their ETDs (electronic theses and dissertations), too.
- Bowenwork Academy USABowen Therapist in training., presentOn the certification track. Taking training. Apprenticing under Melita Mollohan.
- West Virginia UniversityB.A. in English (Creative Writing) and M.S. in Journalism (Photodocumentary), 1996 - 2013
Shopping Cart - Online Gaming Store for Cards, Miniatures, Singles, Pack...
Online Gaming Store for Cards, Miniatures, Singles, Packs & Booster Boxes
Fix Your Computer Hunch and Other Posture Problems in 30 Seconds
This one exercise can greatly improve your mobility and flexibility--and cure the many ills that come from sitting hunched in front of a scr
Scientists Revived 400-Year-Old Plants That Could Help Us Live on Mars
A recently uncovered, perfectly preserved, 400-year-old plant specimen might be the answer to our increasingly important colonization of oth
The Year's Best Weird Internet Video Gets Its Viral Payoff
At the end of September, a video of a girl dancing, sword in hand, to electronic music, while an old woman and dog looked on, appeared on Yo
3 Computer Simulations that Changed The World (And 2 That Are on the Verge)
Computer simulations have already massively transformed our ability to study complicated situations and events. We can study the effects of
The Day The LOLcats Died: The Ultimate SOPA Protest Song
There are many ways to stand up to SOPA. Websites like Wikipedia and BoingBoing are dark, there's a rally in New York, and people everywhere
Uncrashable Rolling Robot Takes To the Skies To Avoid Obstacles
Researchers at the Illinois Institute of Technology have developed a novel take on the rollcage-wrapped flying bot that does more than just
A gorgeous retelling of Little Red Riding Hood, using silhouettes and pl...
This is Red, a phenomenally atmospheric take on Little Red Riding Hood from directors Jorge Jaramillo and Carlo Guillot and composer Manuel