Tips for conservation of Water!!!
Now days we are facing great amount water shortage for most of the part of Pune.
Here are few tips, if we follow, can help society as whole to fight with this situation.
• Try to reduce `your daily usage of water by 10%
• Do not use shower instead try to use Bucket for Bath or at least try to reduce time of shower by 2-3minutes, which also save lot of water.
• Try to avoid Bath Tub usage; it will save lot of water in one go.
• Try to use Bore water with Bucket to wash Cars/Bikes instead of regular water by pipe.
• Try to use recycling of water whenever possible, Example - used water for washing fruits/vegetable can be reused to watering plants/garden.
• Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
• Society can take a step to close water supply for few hours; e.g. – 2.00 PM to 6.00 PM. If 100 societies implement this, we may end up in saving lot of water which will fulfill further shortage.
• If any of Tabs has leakage, get it corrected, this will help reduce wastage of water.
• If your flat/Bungalow is at Ground level and if you have bore water available, try to use Bore water for general usage other than drinking.
• If Societies take steps like closing supply valves by 25% to reduce force of water to tabs, that too save lot of water wastage.
• Water your lawn and garden in the morning or evening when temperatures are cooler to minimize evaporation
• Collect water from your roof to water your garden.
• Many of Societies/individuals are taking steps to drill bore-well to fight with water scarcity, do invest to implement rain water harvesting as well; unless you preserver water you will not get it for long time.
Remember, we need to preserver water and need to use it wisely.
• Please Share these water conservation tips with friends and neighbors.