Start a hangout
17 followers|3,078 views
Works at Profitable Small Business Ideas
Attended Hillsdale College
Lives in Covington, KY
17 followers|3,078 views
Webmaster and author of www.profitable-small-business-ideas.com
Have owned and operated many small businesses; coach others on making their small businesses successful. Strength centers on planning, anticipation and managing the accomplishment of tasks. I bring these skills to the table when assisting entrepreneurs in the starting and growing of their small business.
- Profitable Small Business IdeasOwner, presentUsing my many business building experiences to assist and support entrepreneurs around the world start and grow their own business opportunity. I do not charge for my services. They are entirely free. I do this counseling because (1) We are put on earth to help others and (2) Wanting to help others as my way of Paying It Forward for all the help I received from employees, friends and even complete strangers as I made my way in the business world.
- Cincinnati Convention CenterAssistant ManagerOversaw all details of every event hosted in the Center. This included every detail of each meeting, reception, exhibit and food function. Scheduling of work force to make happen every single detail of every function from set-up to tear down no matter how many room or events were scheduled at the same time.
- Kroger CompanyStore ManagerJoined the Kroger Company as a store management trainee. Completed training program several months ahead of time. Became a Store Relief Manager managing different stores as needed.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of CincinnatiProfessional Relations ManagerWorked with management in several hospitals throughout the region as a problem solver integrating any problems they may have with various departments of Corporation.
- University of Cincinnati Medical CenterAssistant to the DeanActed essentially as a project manager for the Dean carrying out multiple assignments. Kept the Dean informed.
- Self EmployeedOwnerMedical Television, Medical Illustration, Medical Photography, large leisure-based travel agency, urban core housing restoration, http://www.Profitable Small Business Ideas.com.
Retired entrepreneur who has started, grown and then sold multiple small businesses.
"How tall are you?"
If you were asked this question multiple times a week your whole life, you too would probably come up with a non-standard response. Mine is, "I'm 5' 20" and not an inch more!
Then fully 60 to 80 percent of those people say, Ah, Sure. How tall are you? They give up. Another 15 percent or so guess my height, any where from 6' to over 7'.
After we go through this exchange I tell them the moral of the story. "In America you have to work for what you want to know."
That about tells the story of my life. Hard work. Perseverance. Commitment to being the best that I can.
Helping everyone I can is at my core. I strongly believe that we are put on earth for the purpose of helping others. I do the best I can to live up to this.
First and foremost, I'm married to a truly wonderful person, Kathy and have two great Sons and 3 "joy of my life" grandsons. And there's more. Even after completing my two Master Degrees, I feel like I was not a very good student. Oh, my grades were A-OK but I never had the feeling of accomplishment. It was not until I had the opportunity to earn money, that my spirit was activated. I've had a ton of fun being an entrepreneur. I've had super employees and friends, even strangers who have helped me along the way. I guess that's why I'm committed to Paying It Forward. In an effort to help more individuals, I started an online educational Site called http://www.profitable-small-business-ideas.com. It lists dozens of online and offline small business opportunities, each with "how to start" resources by entrepreneurs who have actually started a business like the one you may be considering. I also offer to help anyone start their business for free. Anyway, I having fun and helping people too!!
- Hillsdale CollegeBiz Admin., Political Sci, 1967 - 1970Dbl. major. Am a member of Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE) Fraternity
- University of CincinnatiHealth Admin. & Public Admin., 1974 - 1978M.A. in Public Administration M.S. in Health Administration