Microsoft today trotted out a press release about a new laptop program in a Texas school district. The company took some liberties in a paragraph comparing the two approaches.
“Because of price concerns, the school district initially considered going with Google Chromebooks instead, only to discover that those device are difficult to manage, and that the management console costs actually make Chromebooks more expensive than Windows-based devices. That’s beside the fact that Chromebook only offer non-native Office applications that aren’t as robust as Office 365.”
"Difficult to manage?" That's going to get some reaction. "Not as robust" ... that should get some more.
By the end of each school year, teachers must report if they had at least one conversation with a parent of each child in their classes. These are the steps for teachers to report parent contact which is recorded in Infinite Campus. Log in to Infinite Campu...
Why print to the Xerox printer? Whenever you have a large printing job you might consider sending it to the Xerox printer. "Large printing job" is more than a class set or more than 100 pages - whichever is larger. Why walk all the way to Faculty Services t...
Some of the new features in Infinite Campus include the ability to record grades using an iPad, create a customized drag-and-drop seating chart, and providing color-coded grades to show overall class progress at a quick glance. These features are available ...
- William Fremd High SchoolTechnology Integration Specialist, 2009 - 2013
- Hoffman Estates High SchoolTechnology Coordinator, 2007 - 2009
- Wilmette Junior High SchoolTecnology Integration Specialist, 2004 - 2007
- Roosevelt Elementary SchoolFifth Grade Teacher, 2000 - 2004
- William Fremd High SchoolTecnology Integration Specialist, 2013
- Harvard UniversityEdM Administration, Planning and Social Policy, 1999 - 2000
- Northern Illinois UniversityMSEd Instructional Technology, 1996 - 2005
- University of Illinois at Urbana-ChampaignBS Elementary Education, 1990 - 1995
- Concordia University ChicagoMA School Leadership, 2012 - 2013
Teachers & Students As Entrepreneurial Learners
em*ploy*ee noun : a person who works for another person or for a company for wages, salary, or some other form of compensation en*tre*pre*ne
How To Gamify Your Classroom In 6 Easy Steps - Edudemic
Trying to gamify your classroom may seem like a useful tactic. But for teachers who are new to gamification, incorporating it into your clas
Will School Printers Soon Be A Thing Of The Past? - Edudemic
Students, teachers, and administrators are some of the biggest users of school printers I know of. I'm someone who tries to avoid printers a
New Pilot Program Enhances Curriculum with Hand-Held Devices
As the world continues to advance, District 211 is determined to prepare students for their [...]