Profile

Cover photo
Kai Compagner
Worked at Google
Attended Universiteit van Amsterdam
Lives in Sunnyvale
335 followers|35,582,952 views
AboutPostsPhotosYouTube

Stream

 
Pretty nice auto-awasome video with some of my pictures of 2013.
7
1
Michał Kozak's profile photoAR TOHEED's profile photoPeter Epstein's profile photo
2 comments
 
Amazing!
Add a comment...

Kai Compagner

Shared publicly  - 
 
Can you drown in space? This italian astronaut gave it a try.
3
1
Vincent Paquet's profile photo
Add a comment...

Kai Compagner

Shared publicly  - 
 
Here are the black and white pictures of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Again, the moody weather helped a lot to make the canyon look dark and foreboding. Of my whole trip, I might like these pictures. the most.
7
Add a comment...

Kai Compagner

Shared publicly  - 
 
My pictures from Rocky Mountains National Park and the Maroon Bells. Being there for the first time, I was only ably to scratch the surface.
12
Add a comment...

Kai Compagner

Shared publicly  - 
 
'Unless leaks can be kept below 2 percent, gas lacks any climate advantage over coal.' Since leakage is likely higher, does it follow that gas is actually much worse for the climate than coal?

If the leakage rate is actually 17%, that would make it about 5 times as bad as coal, and it would seem that we should immediately stop making new gas wells.
1
Add a comment...
 
Here are my pictures from Grand Teton National Park. I backpacked to Lake Solitude through Cascade Canyon. It's this deep canyon that is dominated by the biggest mountain in the Teton range, the Grand Teton. It's really the deep Canyons with this enourmous drop from 13000 ft down to 7000 ft in such a short distance that make the Tetons so impressive. It is also a very backpacking friendly mountain range with relatively short distances, and the backcountry permits are free!
11
2
Manuel Márquez's profile photoLoïc JOURDREN's profile photo
Add a comment...
Have him in circles
335 people
Janske Verhulst's profile photo
Harry Kikstra's profile photo

Kai Compagner

Shared publicly  - 
 
I shot some fall color in Yosemite last week. At higher elevations the fall color is mostly gone but the valley looked great. It was all blue skies but shooting into the sun the shaded rock walls provided a good backdrop.
4
1
Ally Oop's profile photo
Add a comment...
 
Ah finally a published design for this hyperloop thing. It uses a 99.9% vacuum with a compressor at the front of the vehicle to pump the remaining 0.1% air from the front to the back.
 
Elon Musk's Hyperloop preliminary design: 
1
Kai Compagner's profile photoGregory P. Smith's profile photo
2 comments
 
Elon Musk just kept saying that the California high speed rail project sucked and how you could do it much faster and cheaper (but, until now, didn't explain how). But since he already has two full time jobs I think nothing will happen.
Add a comment...

Kai Compagner

Shared publicly  - 
 
After shooting at Dream Lake and the Maroon Bells, I wanted to shoot something that wasn't just pretty. I went to the Black Canyon of the Gunnisson hoping for thunderstorms. This canyon, deeper than it is wide, I a real shasm in the earth. I thought dark clouds would bring the menacing quality of the canyon and I was not disappointed.
1
Add a comment...

Kai Compagner

Shared publicly  - 
 
After the Tetons I went to Fantasy Canyon, a place I've long wanted to visit. It is in the middle of an area full of gas wells near Vernal where you wouldn't expect a lot of natural beauty. But in this one place there are these eroding clay hills that are slowly exposing these extremely alien rock formations that look like they are from a different planet. Fortunately the gas fracking sites directly next to it were quiet (it was the weekend) so I was left to wander through this moon landscape in silence. It does not get many visitors.
9
Kai Compagner's profile photoHappy E's profile photoAlexander S. Kunz's profile photoChris Evans's profile photo
6 comments
Happy E
 
I was just going to comment that +Chris Evans would love this place but I see that he has already put in his comments
Add a comment...
People
Have him in circles
335 people
Janske Verhulst's profile photo
Harry Kikstra's profile photo
Work
Occupation
Software Engineer
Employment
  • Google
    Software Engineer, 2013
  • DigiCash
Places
Map of the places this user has livedMap of the places this user has livedMap of the places this user has lived
Currently
Sunnyvale
Previously
Delft, The Netherlands - Amsterdam, Seattle
Links
Other profiles
Contributor to
Story
Tagline
Dutch dude who lives in Silicon Valley.
Bragging rights
Olympic athlete.
Education
  • Universiteit van Amsterdam
Basic Information
Gender
Male