Not too shabby. Less than $250 for the new desk (much better than the $600-1,100 I found searching for a made to order one.) Here's what I did to make the desk:
We took 5 Ikea Byske Legs ($30 x 5 , $150), 4 Capita Brackets (2 packs @ $20, $40), a reclaimed 80" x 32" x 1.75" slab door (Free), and a 75" x 11" x 1.5" pine board ($12.50), lots of elbow grease sanding, some wood putty, then the patience of a saint with a steady hand to add the opaque poly/stain in black (~$20 for sandpaper, gloves, dust mask, putty, and stain & brushes at Home Depot)
So for a grand total of ~$225 with tax (give or take a few bucks,) I've got an adjustable standing desk that's got room for all my machines, leaves room for my drawing tablet, accessories, room to write etc. I'm 5' 10" so I set it at 42" from table top to ground, the shelf is 50" from top of shelf to ground.
Now, I just have to get used to standing - and find a decent barstool for the times when I want to get off my feet.
Hopefully this will make me more productive, I know it will help not having to go out every 6-8 hours and steel wooling and adding a coat of poly to the thing.
What do you think?
Congressional Undermining New Technological Systems act sounds like a good name.
Orwell was a prophet.
Donate to the EFF people. Stop counting on luddites to protect your tubes.
- Cluebattery.comFreelance Developer, 2009 - present
- Horse Racing Simulation, LLCDrupal Developer, 2008 - present
- Real Time DataDrupal Developer, 2010 - 2011
- USAFMunitions Systems Journeyman, 1995 - 2001
- COI ComputersNew Media Manager, 2001 - 2003
- ReckonUpWeb Developer, 2003 - 2004
- Automatic Data Processing, IncAccount Executive, 2004 - 2007
- Comtide Holdings, LLCIT Director, 2007 - 2008
- ZOI InteractiveWeb Designer, 2008 - 2008
- Alexander Automotive GroupInformation Systems, 2008 - 2009
- Athlon SportsDrupal Developer, 2009 - 2009
- Digome, LLCDrupal Developer, 2009 - 2010
- Horton GroupDrupal Developer, 2010 - 2010
- Bradley Central High School1993
YouTube - Why I Was Arrested Yesterday at a DC Taxi Commission Meeting
Create AccountSign In. Home. BrowseUpload. Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You're using an outdated browser, which You
Free T-Shirts Given to Neo-Nazis Revealed a Secret Message After Being W...
Neo-Nazis in Germany were given free T-shirts at a recent right-wing extremist rock concert. The black shirt, complete with skulls and bones
YouTube - Oakland Policeman Throws Flash Grenade Into Crowd Trying To He...
Create AccountSign In. Home. BrowseMoviesUpload. Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You're using an outdated browser, whi