10) "Thou must load this… or else!" (modal loading dialogs)
9) "Can't touch this!" (small touch targets or no touch feedback)
8) Design ≠ Photoshop (heavy chrome, inconsistent styling, inattention to detail)
7) Living in the past (legacy menu button, targetSdkVersion, Gingerbread-era elements)
5) "The navigation is my brand." (custom top bars, faux action bars, bad navigation drawers)
4) Custom non-Android sharing (not using ACTION_SEND)
3) Mimicking native w/ WebView (just be a web app on the web; we love web apps and so do users!)
2) Poor onboarding UX (unclear value proposition, requiring registration, using splash screens, not integrating with login providers)
1) Android ≠ Phones in portrait (responsive design, support tablets and phones in portrait and landscape)
As always, you can find the slides (with some minor fixes) attached to this post, and the full recording over on YouTube: Android Design in Action: Common UX Issues
This can somewhat replace the "Download Now" links as it will be shared across all your devices.
It will be interesting to see how it develops.
- Mabinogi Duel
- Minecraft Story Mode
- EvoCreo - A Monster Battle RPG
- Arcane Legends
- Dungeon Quest
- Clash of Clans
- Clash Royale
- Digimon Heroes!
- Ask.comSr. Software Developer, 2015 - present
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Coming to Zen Pinball 2 Next Week
Guardians of the Galaxy pinball brings all five members of the galaxy’s greatest crew of warriors to the pinball universe as they combat Ron
Mobile Apps Website Print Design Social Media Email Marketing E-Commerce...
An advertising agency in Edmonton, Alberta specializing in website design, corporate identity, print, marketing, advertising, mobile apps, s