Navi2Coach mount modification using a cut down SRAM computer mount adapter for Garmin Edge 605 705. Stuck to the N2C with waterproof Mammoth double sided tape.
5 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 10 previous comments
- First we sold the computers and now I've noticed a surge of remotes being bought, since it is really much safer than taking one hand off your bars to change the display. KHS is distributing for us to the IBDsMar 24, 2014
- The N2C remote is really good and I would miss not having one, mine is mounted just below the front of the drop handlebars and STI lever.
There seems to be no UK supplier for the N2C, not even Amazon UK, Just wondering why O-Synce seems to be not Promoting the N2C in the UK.
As a follow up to the mount modification, after many months of use, I am entirely happy with using double sided "Mammoth" tape to secure the SRAM adapter, the bond seems to be just as strong as when the tape was first applied, if you look at the other photos of the final design of the mount I have incorporated a tether which uses the small hole at the lower base of the N2C.Mar 25, 2014
- I know that Planet X bikes in the UK is selling all the O-synce products. The owner is an old friend of mine that I recommended to o-sync in Germany. Sometimes the the German's have a hard time communicating with UK.Mar 25, 2014
- Wish I'd seen this before my Navi2Coach bounced off and disappeared into a ditchApr 13, 2014
- I did something similar. Difference being that instead of gluing SRAM adapter directly onto N2C, I glued it onto modified spare original mount. Basically, I took original handlebar mount plate, removed round part that goes onto handlebars, and glued that to SRAM adapter. It ends up being more bulky than gluing SRAM adapter directly onto N2C; however it has advantages of not gluing anything directly onto N2C and N2C can be used with both Garmin and original mounts without need to unglue it first from SRAM adapter.
Originally, I used very strong Epoxy glue (J-B Weld brand). It held strong for about a year. Then few weeks ago I hit a big pothole at speed and the glue failed, sending N2C flying off. Lesson learned: it's not weather that's your enemy, it's vibrations and shocks from hitting stuff on the road.
I just finished my second take on it. this time I made grooves at the angle on both surfaces so that glue can have better grip on both pieces, as well as used a screw through both pieces for additional safety.
It would be great if there was one-piece adapter commercially available.Sep 14, 2014
- RECMOUNTS makes a 3M adhesive Quarter Turn pad, but instead of having Garmin's 2-tab system, the RECMOUNTS product uses 4-tabs. You could easily modify the tabs by simplying grinding off two opposing tabs and benefit from the 3M adhesive. RECMOUNTS is also working on lots of other direct mount adapters.Oct 6, 2014