Profile cover photo
Profile photo
Zane Wright
31 followers -
Lovin' life
Lovin' life

31 followers
About
Zane's posts

Wow. I don't know what the deal is but using a store on filtersfeature presents interesting challenges for seemingly no reason. What it boils down to is when filtersfeature calls show() it doesn't pass any arguments (ever?) and that is where it checks your store and the filter itself to see if the store has been loaded. So if it can't find out whether or not your store is loaded, you will always get the "Loading..." option in your filter list. Freaking annoying! So after much digging around and messing with stuff, it turns out that all you have to do is add a listener to your list type filter and then have IT call this.show(''); and you are set. The '' in .show() is VERY important. I originally put 'whatever' in there to get it to work but then it was trying to find 'whatever' as an animatedTarget somewhere in the nether regions of Ext. Whoops.

So in summary, in your filters config for your filtersfeature, under your type: 'list' filter, add:
listeners: {
activate: function() {
this.show('');
}
}

And then it'll work like a freaking charm. Hopefully. Testing to ensue but this works and it doesn't require more than one extra store.load() call (meaning other than the one I'm sure you set to pull on your page load...) Hope this helps somebody.

I've learned to like Unit testing for my SQL Server stored procedures. But then after time I really learned to NOT like it. It really is quite useful for testing things out when you tweak your code, but its a pain in the butt when you change a parameter a stored procedure expects or change a table structure. All that stuff requires me to tweak my unit tests, which isn't so bad when you only have a few... but I have over 70 fairly complex ones that I put together to test numerous facets of my program. Now it's just becomes a mindless chore to make updates. Not sure what a good solution is for this but if anybody has any tips I'd be more than willing to listen!

Post has attachment
A fellow coder at work sent this to me... not-so-subtle signal? ;)

Post has attachment

Finally at a point in my application development where I can start the minification/compression process testing to make sure I can package everything up without any major issues. Well, after dealing with a few major issues I got to a supposedly minor one. I am using the JSBuilder application that Sencha provides but it wasn't giving me a proper app-all.js file (the minified version).

After much digging around and testing I found out that the ycompressor (internal minification tool) was throwing errors. Including the verbose option only gave me one extra line about a character set. Well, apparently that one extra line was enough.

I added '--charset utf-8' to the Project.js file (apx line 152 starting with command = this.getCompressor()) for the jsbuilder application and things started working as expected. Awesome! Took my codebase from 4MB to just under 1MB including the Bryntum Scheduler tool I use (which rocks btw). Awesome!

Post has attachment
New SimCity? Might have to pick that one up...

Post has shared content
Yea, that's about right.
My husband just shared this with me and I laughed so hard that my monitor got a coffee shower. ~~ :-) ~~
Photo

Post has shared content
Guise, it's funny 'CAUSE IT'S TRUE.


#lol #humor
Photo

Starting SCRUM development processes. Super exciting stuff. Thinking about making an ExtJS meetup. Didn't realize that it cost money/month. The more I think about it there seems to be a lot of work involved... don't know how that'd go down at home since +Victoria Wright is in school and such. Just never enough time in the day! Guess we'll play it by ear and see if its worth pursuing. I'd just like to be able to meet people who are doing what I do. I enjoy talking about coding so... there ya go.

Post has shared content
Wait while more posts are being loaded