If you're building an Android IME, this post by Ken Wakasa and Satoshi Kataoka will teach you how to use the Spelling Checker framework to easily create your own spelling checker service that provides custom spelling corrections using your own dictionary, and optimized for the languages and vocabularies most important to your users.
100 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 5 previous comments
- I just found that it is impossible for input method app to switch spell checker languages. It requires users to switch it manually and it takes at least 5 steps to do that making this service unusable for multilingual people. Android should have made it an extended service of input method or at least integrate-able.Oct 8, 2012
- Nice One ,, Thank YouNov 26, 2012
- Sorry, I'm new to Android phone. .I'm using Note 2 but I dont see the red underline of the wrongly spelt words in my sms or typing in any apps
How to get the spell check working like the photo attached by Ken Wakaka?
Leehanvoon@yahoo.comNov 28, 2012
- This feature will be in the next version of +TypeSmart keyboard!Jan 25, 2013
Need it badly. Can u send me the complete MainActivity.java file in Eclipse at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks in advance. ParamjitDec 10, 2014
- Can we enable spellchecker to give list of texts even for correct words?Jun 18, 2015