What's that in the sky? An aurora. A large coronal mass ejection occurred on our Sun five days ago, throwing a cloud of fast moving electrons, protons, and ions toward the Earth. Although most of this cloud passed above the Earth, some of it impacted our Earth's magnetosphere and resulted in spectacular auroras being seen at high northern latitudes. Pictured above is a particularly photogenic auroral corona captured last night above Grotfjord, Norway. To some, this shimmering green glow of recombining atmospheric oxygen might appear as a large eagle, but feel free to share what it looks like to you. This round of solar activity is not yet over -- a new and even more powerful solar flare occurred yesterday that might provide more amazing aurora as soon as tonight.
Image Credit & Copyright: Bjørn Jørgensen
- You can click on profile pictures to rotate through them. Nice find by on that one.
- In the stream, you can click 'j' to navigate down to the next item or 'k' to navigate up. I think it's the same keys that Gmail uses, which is probably in turn because uses vi and created Gmail. :)
- If you're sharing a post with a small circle of people, you can prevent resharing. Click the arrow at the top-right of the post and choose "Disable reshare."
- If you're looking for more fun things in your stream, the "Incoming" stream is stuff from people who are sharing with you, but who you haven't added to a circle.
- One great one from is that "there is some basic text formatting, too: (*)bold(*), (_)italics(_) and (-)strike-through(-) are the ones I've noticed so far."
What are your favorite Google+ tips?
- Columbia College ChicagoAssociate Director Undergraduate Admissions Digital Strategies, 2011 - present
- TCS Education SystemInteractive Marketing Manager, 2008 - 2011
- Pearson EducationInteractive Designer, 2007 - 2008
- Otterbein CollegePublic Relations, Art/Photography, Speech Communication, 1999 - 2003
- Roehampton UniversityHumanities, 2001 - 2001
- The Ohio State UniversityHigh School Student, 1999 - 1999
PHP for Beginners: Building Your First Simple CMS | CSS-Tricks
The Magic of PHP + MySQL It's safe to say that nearly every website that's up-to-date these days is using some form of content management sy
New Test Results: Google Rewires Search with Personal Touches
For some, it is a question about whether Google serves "the same Web" for the millions of users who rely on Google as their principal portal
Create monstrous characters with Illustrator CS5's Bristle Brush | Tutor...
Illustrator and web designer Paddy Donnelly shows us how to use Illustrator CS5's new Bristle Brush feature and a Wacom tablet to create mon
Audi releases new A6 Allroad... with no word on U.S. availability
Good things, they say, come in threes. If that's the case, for fans of rugged-looking Audi wagons, this must be a good week indeed. Not only
Dock disappeared, Mac hangs, cannot...: Apple Support Communities
Apple Support Communities. Welcome, Guest Sign in. Search for: Search. Apple Support Communities > Mac OS & System Software > Mac
Get Keynote Presentation Mode Working in GoToMeeting
I have been utilizing GoToMeeting pretty often these days. I had one major issue where I was unable to show my slideshows in presentation mo