In playing with Android Wear, I'm finding some huge potential for additional apps. More accurately, for existing apps to integrate more tightly with Wear. I'll put them in three short groups, based on my expectations.
Where are they?
- Google+: I'm very surprised it has such weak integration with Wear. Another sign of the fading of Google+, or just something they couldn't pull together in time?
- Google Voice: Not a big surprise, but sad. Hopefully they get the Hangouts integration done soon.
- Twitter: I was excited when I got a mention on Twitter and I had the "reply" option on my watch, but it directed me to the phone. I know there is already one third party app that lets you tweet from the watch ("Bunting"), but official integration would be nice.
- Facebook: Ditto.
- Foursquare: They made an app for Pebble, so hopefully they do the same for Wear. It'd be great to check-in from the watch.
- Ingress: Not sure how it'd look/work, but it'd be pretty sweet.
- Slack: This is a tool we use for internal communication at . Voice integration with it would be excellent.
What apps do you hope to see on Wear in the near future?