Super awesome illustration of simple task
Super awesome illustration of simple task
Meet : a Special Education Needs teacher in the Primary Years Program (KG1 - Gr5) at the Greenfield Community School in Dubai.
* What led you to become a teacher?
"I'd love to give the trite, cliche, and sadly overused answer, 'To make a difference,' but the real truth is, I became an educator because it allows me a venue for my creativity. Sure, I could become a writer or an artist or an actor, but what other profession allows you to combine all three on a regular basis? Also, there are the intrinsic rewards - those students whose lives you touch forever, and who come back to see you in 5, 10, even 20 years after they've graduated to say, 'Thanks.'"
* What is most important to you in your teaching?
"The purpose of education is to evaluate what students know and what they think, not how much they remember after struggling through a text that is too hard for them. They have the brains - we need to give them the access."
* If you could achieve anything as an educator, what would you like to achieve?
"I hope to create agents of change and instil in my students a love for learning and an understanding that their voices matter. I hope to foster creativity and innovation - not teach to the test! I want them to seek to be the change they want to see in the world and have the confidence to take that risk."
* What's the greatest thing that you've learned through your work as an educator?
"It is very hard to separate the person and the teacher. The values, morals, and methodologies one has as a person and as a teacher intertwine so intricately that it is difficult to find the exact point at which one ends and the other begins. The concept of caring is also intricately woven throughout the personal and professional being I am as a teacher. A person who cares in life is a person who cares in their profession as well. Therefore, my personal and professional goals as a teacher are inseparable. As much as caring should be part of my practice, I want to cultivate a caring capacity in my students as well. I want my students to know that not only do I care about them as my students; I care about them as people as well. I want them to know I am not here to 'do a job' or claim a pay-check. I am here, with them, because I honestly care about them and their future. I will not be satisfied in reaching only one or two students. I want to reach them all. My goal is to touch their lives, their minds, and their futures."
* What is one piece of technology (or Google tool) that you've recently used in your classroom or preparation, and how did you use it?
* Google Docs: IEP
* Google Docs: Grade 5 exhibition
* Google Maps: All the time to get from A-Z
* Google Search
* Google Drive
* What topics or questions in education are you currently thinking about?
"I’m thinking about a list of apps that may be helpful to individuals with dyslexia, parents of dyslexics, or the professionals who work with dyslexics (teachers, tutors, reading specialists, etc.). There are many apps that claim to help dyslexics, but it either doesn’t work or we don’t know how it helps dyslexics. In other words, I’m looking for EASY, USABLE apps that aid with the cognitive processes used in speaking, reading, spelling, and writing."
Educational AND entertaining seminars for parents/professionals who want to improve social skills in youngsters with Autism/special needs in the 21st century using toys and tech!
Learn to pair specific toys and #iPad #Apps for kids with #Autism & #specialneeds for better #specialeducation and #speechtherapy outcomes today!
Here's my partial schedule again for Spring 2015, on my channel:
I'm doing this starting today on FB
Why would I do that?
People successfully completing the challenge claimed to:
– Start noticing what makes them happy every day;
– Be in a better mood every day;
– Start receiving more compliments from other people;
– Realize how lucky they are to have the life they have;
– Become more optimistic;
– Fall in love during the challenge.
Even when the challenge is over the collected 100 happy moments can always remind you about the beauty of your life. For that, you can receive a little set of square prints with all your 100 happy days at the finish line of the challenge!
Thank You for appreciating us as Teachers!!!!
To get started, make sure you have our Lumosity app downloaded and then just tap the Google app to see your cards.
You can download Lumosity for Android from the Play Store: http://bit.ly/1EMcm13
Learn more about Now cards here: http://insidesearch.blogspot.com/2015/04/new-in-google-app-more-now-cards-from.html
- Newcastle High SchoolHigh School, 1982 - 1986
- Durban Teachers CollegeJP & Geog, 1987 - 1990
- UNISAFED: Spes Ed, 1995 - 1996
- UNISAGifted Child Ed, 2008 - 2008
- UNISABEdHon: Inclusive Ed, 2010 - 2011
- Greenfield Community SchoolSEN Teacher, 2012 - present
- Verity Prep and CollegeTeacher, 2012 - 2012
- Northwood BoysTeacher, 2010 - 2011
- Athena ITNDirector, 2005 - 2007
- Port Natal SkoolTeacher, 1991 - 1994
- Sunfield Home SchoolTeacher, 1995 - 2001
- Golden Steps SchoolTeacher, 2001 - 2003
- World Read ProgramManager, 2003 - 2003
- Power EducationManager, Writer & Trainer, 2003 - 2005
Tips for dyslectic kids from kids with dyslexia | Dyslexia Headlines
Nobody can fully appreciate what it's like to be a student with dyslexia in the way that another student with dyslexia can. Tutors, teachers
CC Speech Project 4 - Rhetorical Devices (Ideas & Examples) ~ Saro&#...
Writing a speech that meets the objectives of Project 4 in Competent Communicator manual, is not that easy. It is not just "yet another spee
5 things kids need... before they're ready to sound out words - The Meas...
Education resources for parents and teachers
Powerful Video Shows What the World Looks Like to Someone With Autism (V...
Autism is a perplexing disorder, even to parents of children on the spectrum. Try as they may to understand exactly what their child is goin
Garrett Hedlund - Turn Loose the Horses (video & lyrics)
my video for a beautiful song. I discovered it while I was watching the movie 'Country Strong' (I own nothing)