Over the next few weeks, more purchasing options will be made available.
Thanks, again, every one who made this possible!
Note: If you purchased a physical copy of Five Little Zombies And Fred via the IndieGoGo campaign, the book is slowly making its way to you, directly from Amazon. Those who purchased other physical perks will receive their paperback copy of the book, with the other things they orders, directly from Jules once she receives and bundles all physical perks packages. All electronic perks have already been sent. If you have yet to receive them, please check your spam folder.
And Five Little Zombies and Fred is finally available in the UK store http://www.amazon.co.uk/Five-Little-Zombies-Jules-Sherred/dp/0986471917/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_1#reader_B009M98B9W
There are 51 different styles of shirts to choose from, and 11 styles of playing cards.
Enter coupon code SHIRTSANDCARDS at checkout.
Playing cards: http://www.zazzle.com/5zombiesandfred/playingcards
If you'd still like to help with the production costs of this book -- namely, paying the illustration -- it isn't too late to do so. Find out more information at http://fivelittlezombiesandfred.com/perk/
Five Little Zombies And Fred is a not-for-children children's book, written and illustrated to speak to the child in every one. It tells the story of our hero Fred who finds himself in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. Will he survive with the help of his friend the Mountie? It is written by Jules Sherred and illustrated by Matt Schubbe, with songs written and performed by Errol Elumir and mixed/mastered by Chris Cogott, and video by Andrew Edgar. Each person working on this project is completely in-love with the book. They are hoping to make the world fall in-love with it, too. If they can make the world fall in-love with the book, then they can turn it into a physical thing, with 42 8.5x8.5 beautifully illustrated full-colour pages, for the world to share. The final page count will be 52 pages. PLUS, a whole bunch of nifty extras and swag. More details are found below. We know the details below are OMG SO LONG and you'll be inclined to TL;DR them, but we have some REALLY AWESOMETASTIC perks planned, and they require a lot of space in order to be properly described.The Longer Summary
The team behind Five Little Zombies And Fred consists of five people:
- Jules Sherred is the parent of two teenage young men, and does way more than should be legal. Most notably, she is the General Manager and Programming Director of The Look 24/7, host of the Geeky Pleasures Radio Show and the offshoot website, Geeky Pleasures, and core contributor to Wired’s GeekMom. She’s already written two non-fiction books — From The Mundane To The Insane: A Wonderful Journey Without A Destination and Tales Of A Lupus Butterfly — the partial proceeds of which go to lupus research and treatment, is working on another book called Nerd Love, and is beyond excited to make Five Little Zombies And Fred a real thing for people to hold, read, and love. You can follow her on Twitter @GeekyJules. Also, SHE LOVES STAR TREK.
- Matt Schubbe is a Minneapolis MN based freelance illustrator, designer, snappy dresser and man-about-town. He loves (LOVES) gaming of the tabletop and video varieties, playing the piano and Dr. Who. Now you know why he jumped at the chance to work on this project. You can follow him on Twitter @Sh00bs.
- Errol Elumir is one half of the geeky, musical, comedy duo Debs & Errol. He is loud. He also creates podcasts, videos, a daily webcomic, and all manner of things that are geeky. His wife is the most patient person on the planet. You can follow him on Twitter @Elumir.
- Andrew Edgar is Jules' partner in life. He doesn't like to be in the spotlight, but he enjoys supporting whatever project Jules is working on. He also loves to mess around in Adobe Premiere Pro. To that end, he has created videos for this project. You can follow him on Twitter @WileE577.
- Chris Cogott is a New Jersey based musician, singer, and songwriter. He plays and breaks guitars on a regular basis. When he turns on the recording equipment, he writes, mixes, and masters his own music and enjoys doing this for others as well. When not writing songs, he sits and watches his garden grow. You can check out his website and hear his music onBandcamp. You can also follow him on Twitter @chriscogott.
Have you ever had an idea that got you so excited, you wanted to grab every one you could, shake them, and exclaim, “I WANT YOU TO HAVE THIS! I WANT YOU TO BE A PART OF IT! I AM SO IN-LOVE WITH THIS RIDICULOUS, YET AWESOME, IDEA!” That is pretty much was happened one afternoon when, suddenly, Jules poured out the text for this book. Immediately, her mind was filled with images and she knew exactly how she wanted this story to look and feel.
Jules told Andrew about the idea, and read the book to him as she would read it to others. Immediately, Andrew fell in-love with the idea. Also, the story and image descriptions caused him to giggle like a little child.
Jules contacted an illustrator whom she admires greatly -- Matt Schubbe -- and shared with him this idea. Immediately, he, too, fell in-love with the book and wanted to be a part of it. He also shared the same vision for the project.
Jules' pal Errol saw her tweet about the project when it was referred to as [REDACTED], and wanted more information. She e-mailed him, and he, too, immediately fell in-love with it and asked if she needed any songs for the book, because he so wanted to have a part in this project filled with worlds of awesome.
Errol needed help mixing and mastering the songs. So, Jules called on her pal Chris Cogott to see if he was willing to lend his talents to this project. Immediately, he, too, wanted to be a part of it and help out any way he could.
Jules decided to test the waters and find out what others thought about the idea. Every one she told about it immediately fell in-love with it. Now the entire team is hoping the rest of the world falls in-love with Five Little Zombies And Fred, a not-for-children children's book that spoofs the Five Little Monkeys Jumping On A Bed song. Not only is this book a quirky little story, it is a piece of exquisite and beautiful art, each page fully illustrated, in full-colour, crammed with wonderful Easter eggs and inside jokes, speaking directly to every geek. PLUS, ZOMBIES! Who doesn't like adorable, little, flesh-eating creatures? And we cannot forget the Mountie! And, of course, our hero Fred! Does he make it through the story alive? To find out, this project needs funding.
If this project is successfully funded, most importantly, Five Little Zombies And Fred will be available for the entire world to read and share. It will be made available in both electronic and paperback format. It will also be made available for global distribution: such online and offline retailers and distributors such as Ingram and NACSCORP; the book will be made available through Baker & Taylor to libraries and academic institutions; Amazon, and more. The songs will also be made available for the general public to purchase. We will also figure out a cost-effective way to make the posters, mugs, t-shirts and messenger bags available for all to purchase. Depending on how much we raise, we will also create other Five Little Zombies And Fred swag, such as stickers, magnets, hats, etc. If we double our funding goal, then we will find a developer to turn the book into an interactive book app, for both Android and iOS. We want to make Five Little Zombies And Fred accessible to all, with a variety of ways to enjoy the story.
Aside from the below perks, we have other bonuses prepared. Each time we reach a 12.5% funding mark, you will see a new video, showing you 6 completed pages of the book. Upon successful funding, we will also show you the original sketches created during the idea phase, including the original rough sketches of the first two drafts, and reveal both songs. We will also show you other phases of the work-in-progress. For every extra $1000 dollars funded, one lucky contributor, to be chosen at random, will receive a bonus perk: The Travelling Zombie. If we double our funding goal, we will seek out a developer to turn the book into an interactive app for both Android and iOS.
So what are you funding and what you will receive:
We need to raise $11, 500. This may seem like a large amount of money for a book, but the project included a lot of art and swag, and those things are not inexpensive to create. Specifically, the funds will be used as follows:
About 1/3 of this goal will go towards the printing costs of the mugs, t-shirts, messenger bags, posters, paperback book, personalised versions of the book; PLUS shipping to all corners of the world.
About 1/3 of this goal will go to the illustrator. Even though this project is a labour of love, Jules firmly believes in compensating people for their work, at a fair price. Even at 1/3 of the funding total, that still does not cover the cost of illustrating 42 8.5x8.5 full-colour pages; PLUS 90 pieces of personalised art, ranging in sizes from 8.5x11, 12x12 (personalised copies of the book, with the contributor's name and likeness used for the hero) and 24x24 personalised cover poster. If we raise the full amount, that works out to approximately $29 for each piece of art. Really, that isn't a lot of money. Especially if you take into account little extras he is doing, such as making the art in a format usable for swag, and logo designs.
- The other 1/3 will be going towards a lot of miscellaneous expenses: such as IndieGoGo and PayPal fees (that comes out to approximately $1,150, more if the project is not fully-funded); giving Errol and Chris something for their time and energy for writing, mixing and mastering two songs; PLUS singing, mixing and mastering theFive Little Zombies And Fred song an additional 30 times for the personalised versions; PLUS, hopefully, having someone professionally layout the book and get it ready for print and eFormat; PLUS a little bit for Jules' writing, and time and money it costs to create the Five Little Zombies And Fred website; PLUS a few other things she is creating, like an online store and more.
- The more we raise, the better those behind the project will be adequately compensated for their time and work. And if the goal is doubled, then we will be able to pay someone to develop an interactive app, both for Android and iOS.