Raised in a dysfunctional family, I began a career in nursing at eighteen. I met Jesus ten years later. It was difficult to deal
with my past until I accepted fully the forgiveness Jesus supplied and I forgave myself. God sent a
wonderful man, Earl Dickerson, to love me. On January 1, 1991, an automobile accident
challenged Earl to a decision—life or death for me? He chose life.
- United Methodist ChurchFollowing Jesus, 1985 - presentAfter I accepted Jesus as my Lord, I learned about Him through regular church attendance, Bible study, Sunday school, missions, women’s ministry, and personal Bible reading. I continue to add to my skills and knowledge base.
- Lay Speaking ClassLay Speaking, 1993 - 1993Lay Speaking certification allows me to speak from the pulpit of United Methodist Churches in the Memphis Conference. I am recertified every 3 years.
- Paducah Community CollegeRN, 1986 - 1989Continuing in my field of nursing
- Oil Belt Vo-TechLPN, 1981 - 1982Continuing in my field of nursing
- U.S. NavyHospital Corpschool, 1975 - 1975Nursing
- Self-employedFreelance Writer, 1997 - present
- Concord UMCLay Minister, 2004 - present
The rants, musings & adventures of Dale Yancy: The One Black Author ...
Let the record show that this is Black History Month. Once upon a time, I actually took a semester course in "African-American History&