* 4 red capsicum plants are grown in Ecobins each summer in my veggie garden.
* The soil is cleared of organic debris from the previous crop and top dressed with lots of homemade thermal compost.
* Its then covered with organic sugar cane mulch and left for a few weeks to get those microbes pumping.
* Seedlings are propagated in jiffy pots in an EcoPropagator, and the strongest seedling in each pot is cut down to soil level once it reaches 4th leaf stage.
* They and transplanted into Ecobins, when they are ready, still in their jiffy pots to minimise root disturbance .
* I buzz pollinate the flowers as they emerge to ensure plenty of fruit sets, and harvest them when fully ripe.
* I store my crop surpluses in a chest freezer.