Start a hangout
1,642 followers|2,678,942 views
Works at Wayland Public Schools Teacher Association
Attended College of the Holy Cross
Lived in Massachusetts
1,642 followers|2,678,942 views
Ready to present again today at the Wayland Institutes. Today we'll focus on learning design--my favorite ed teaching/learning topic.
Summer study leads a positive 2016-2017 teaching year ahead.
Still pruning the summer path--a positive path towards better teaching, learning, and advocacy for what we can do for students and schools. What would you add? What does your summer teaching/learning path look like?
Summer invigorates the teaching/learning path.
How do you set math goals with students and then help those students reach their goals?
Note that much of this language came from John Hattie's book, Visible Learning for Teachers, Maximizing Impact on Learning Today students took a math assessment. The assessment will provide a baseline for an individualized m...
It's worth making some time for summer study.
Jumpstart the teaching/learning year ahead by joining us at The Wayland Institutes this week--lots to learn/share, great speakers. A professional learning opportunity.
I updated this promising post a bit. Where are you on the teaching/learning advocacy path--how are you contributing to better schools and service to children? Who and what offers you sustenance in this regard?
Join us at the Wayland Institutes next week to jump start your professional learning for 2016-2017.
- College of the Holy CrossPsychology/Liberal Arts, 1977 - 1981
- Boston UniversityElementary Education, 1985 - 1986
Life Holds Tremendous Promise and Potential
A teacher for 30 years and mom for 24 years, I engage in social media to share and learn about the best ways to teach, learn, and live. In my free time I especially enjoy adventures near and far with friends and family. Search my posts for information that you're interested in. I write a lot about math education, STEAM, ideas to improve educational systems/organization, professional learning, writing, travel near and far, community, politics, and more. I welcome your comments, suggestions, questions, and ideas.
Married to my best friend, Mike.
Learning Design, Tech Integration, Child/Parent Coaching, Field Study Organizer/Designer, Writer, Researcher, Analyst
- Wayland Public Schools Teacher AssociationRepresentative, 2015 - presentBuilding representative for our local union.
- NBPTSCertified, 2015 - presentNationally certified by the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards since 2004. Renewed certification in 2014.
- Teacher Leadership Initiative Cohort IIIParticipant, presentMember of the TLI Cohort III program supported by the NEA and led in part by the Center for Teacher Quality and MTA.
- Framingham State CollegeAdjunct Professor, 2015 - presentTeaching elementary mathematics and facilitating field study III for teacher candidates.
- Wayland Public SchoolsTeacher, 2010 - presentEducation Consultant/Presenter
- Teach Children WellPresenter, present
Maureen Devlin's +1's are the things they like, agree with, or want to recommend.
What It Means to Really Take Care of Yourself | Tiny Buddha
Sometimes we take great care of ourselves on the outside but we ignore emotions that need to be heard. Here's what it really means to take c