#fivedayquest Story of Day Quest 2
In my part, doing this day quest challenge is really a challenge!!!
So, it is the second day but really, all I did was complete the task from my day job and then practice calligraphy.
For my practice, I tried doing larger letters even though there were no instructions from the book. I was just curious how it would feel like doing larger letters than I usually do. I switched the nib to Leonardt Steno 'Blue Pumpkin' which is able to do thicker lines. Turns out to be quite difficult. I had to move my hand all the way to the top. The words I chose to practice with are subjects that I am interested at: science, physics, mathematics, neurology and language. Reasons?
1. Science - I love the sciences even if its scientific terminology kills me.
2. Physics - Makes me think of +CERN
and Neil deGrasse Tyson! It should have been astrophysics then! But the word could not fit in the paper, it was already at the edge.
3. Mathematics - I love looking at numbers and equations jumbling together in a paper. I used to do that during secondary education. But my knowledge of math today? Hmmm....
4. Neurology - I love my brain and its ability to think! Wait, every brain does :D
5. Languages - I love reading different languages even if they look gibberish (as of the moment) to me. I want to write the following languages in calligraphic style: Spanish, French, German and Dutch. They will definitely look lovely! Aside from that, Spanish makes me think of tapas and churros; French is chateau, truffles and William Shakespeare; German is beer and Oktoberfest; Dutch is windmills, flowers and milk. What's the connection? Just random!
For my closing of this story, a photo of my practice. The red marks are corrections I need to make the next time I do the words again.
Have fun and smile ! (^-^)v