Asked one of my Korean friends to translate this comic for me last night at 3am (the witching hour!) because we were both scared shitless from reading it. Enjoy!
1. this is just a comic rendition of countless eye witness accounts.
2. It must've been around 11:20 PM. i was heading home after a long and exhausting day at school
3. for some reason, there weren't that many people outside that night. it's a large neighborhood, so there' usually someone even at night
4. anyways, i kept trudging on with my eyes glued to the floor, getting a bit scared
5. when all of a sudden i saw a long stretch of shadow coming towards me, but i swear there weren't anyone in front of me
6. so i looked up to see...
7. a woman walking ahead, but there was something strange about that woman
8. it seemed like she was having a hard time walking, like she was disabled or something.
9. she was walking really slowly, so the distance between us got short pretty quickly. when i got closer, i was able to see her more clearly
10. she was wearing a pair of dirty pajamas.. and it seemed like all her joints were dislocated. her hair was sticking out everywhere even
11. i thought it was really weird, so i stopped in my track
12. i felt like i shouldn't get any closer, and i didn't have the guts to walk past her either
13. there's a saying if you're really scared, you can't even scream. it's true. i was so scared, i literally froze on the spot
14. "WHERE'S MY BABY?"
15. when she asked that, all kinds of thought popped into my head
16. sigh i still don't know why i decided to do what i did. it still scares me when i think back on it
17. gulp i pointed to the farthest point from me and said...
18. "it's.. it's over there"
19. i just wanted the woman to be as far away from me as possible
20. the woman stumbled towards where i pointed to...
21. and soon she disappeared from my sight
22. i decided to get out of the neighborhood because i didn't want to run into her again
23. i couldn't even think straight. i just needed to get back to somewhere more populated
24. at that moment.....
25. "MY BABY'S NOT HEREEEEEEE!!!!!!!"
26. i could hear her despair from far away
27. i don't remember anything else from that night. a neighbor found me unconscious and brought me back to my house
28. year 2007, at seoul bongchun-dong apartment complex 33 year old mrs. Cho threw herself off the building and died immediately
29. her extramarital affairs led to divorce from her husband, and she lost custody of her 2 year old daughter. they said she committed
suicide due to the stemming depression from the incident
30. ever since then, the residents of that apartment complex have seen the ghost of mrs. cho walking around on several occasions
31. they said the sight of her mangled body, walking around barefoot, was a immensely frightening