The Android build system is broken.
127 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 25 previous comments
- This might be an old topic but I have a question to Jake - what problems do(/did) you have with Maven and Android? I think that Maven is a brilliant tool and I always use it in my projects (pure Java, Android, Java+Android+NDK): it runs jUnit tests, instrumentation tests, compiles aidls, resources, source code, manages dependencies, signs, aligns, packages, installs, deploys. It does everything that is needed in a project of any complexity and I wonder what is missing. Could you provide any examples of things that cannot be done in Maven build procedure for Android project?Feb 5, 2013
- Hmm.. Doesn't new ADT use Gradle for its build system(and Google develops an android-gradle plugin)?:
http://tools.android.com/tech-docs/new-build-systemMar 3, 2013
- If you look just 4 comments further up you'll see that this has already been mentioned. And if you also read the link you were posting you'll see that this new build system still is in its prototyping phase and lacks important features.Mar 3, 2013
- Any thoughts why Android developers decided to use Gradle instead of Maven? (I think android-maven-plugin now covers practically all aspects of android build procedure and it's working and is used by lots of developers all around the world)Mar 4, 2013
- damn refresh.. :/ (or rather write comment w/o refreshing)Mar 4, 2013
- lol, just reading this now that the new Android studio came out using gradle.. seems you were heardMay 16, 2013
Add a comment...