Join the Milken Institute Center for Financial Markets (@MI_CFM) and PayPal (@PayPal) for a wide ranging discussion on innovative ways to raise money online. Daniel Gorfine (@DGorfine) Director of Financial Market Policy and Legal Counsel at the Milken Institute (@MilkenInstitute) will moderate a discussion of leading platform founders, disruptive entrepreneurs, and investors leading the way into 21st century finance.
You will receive an exclusive Milken Institute publication on crowd investing, peer-to-peer lending, and new online financing mechanisms. Furthermore we plan to have product demos, exhibitor tables, and of course, food and drink.
1) Crowd Investing Landscape
The internet, social media, and the power of the crowd are fostering new ways to raise capital--what are the challenges, risks, and rewards? Explore the range of crowd investing models in the marketplace with some of the leading platform founders.
• Ryan Caldbeck, Founder and CEO, CircleUp -@CircleUp
• Sam Hodges, Founder and Managing Director, Funding Circle
• Alex Mittal, Co-Founder and CEO, FundersClub -@mittal&@FundersClub
2) Crowd Entrepreneurs & Investors
Much attention has been focused on online investment platforms. But what about the entrepreneurs and investors actually putting these new tools to use? We'll hear real-world lessons gleaned from investors and entrepreneurs using online portals to invest in and fund startups.
• Nick Grossman, General Manager, Union Square Ventures -@nickgrossman&@usv
• Allen Lu, Producer, Linsanity: The Official Jeremy Lin Documentary
• Dean Radetsky, Angel Investor, OurCrowd -@OurCrowd
3) The Promise of Peer-Based Lending
Peer-to-peer lending models have pioneered the marketplace, particularly for social impact investing. What challenges, opportunities do investors and entrepreneurs see in this space? What impact can this disintermediation have on the marketplace?
• Mike Cagney, Co-Founder and CEO, SoFi -@mcagney&@SoFi
• Austin Choi, General Counsel, Kiva.org -@Kiva
• Ethan Senturia, Co-Founder, Dealstruck -@Dealstruck
• Josh Tonderys, Chief Risk Officer, Prosper -@ProsperLoans
5:00 Doors Open, Palooza Begins, Exhibitor Tables & Appetizers
6:00 Opening Remarks
6:15 Product Demos
6:30 Panel 1: Crowd Investing Landscape
7:15 Panel 2: Entrepreneurs & Investors
8:00 Break & Refreshments
8:20 Panel 3: The Promise of Peer-Based Lending
9:05 Palooza Continues, Exhibitor Tables Reopen, Refreshments & Appetizers Circulate
10:00 Taps & Lights Out
Tweet on: #newfinance
Bancbox builds apps that move money. Developers: bancbox.com/api
Sponsorship Tables are available. Please contact organizers Julianne of Milken Institute or Robert of PayPal for details.
Optional $10-$20 donation at the door. All attendee donations and all sponsorship proceeds go directly to Milken Institute, a non profit public charity (501c3).