Subscribe for fresh Quotes :: http://quotesEmpire.com
Our eyes are in front because it's more important to look ahead than to look back. Don't dwell on things in the past. Learn from them and keep moving forward.
#motivation #wisdom #life #inspiration #lessonlearned #moveonmoveforward #quoteoftheday
10,000 hours may not be enough
"They say that practice makes perfect. Or, more specifically, that 10,000 hours of deliberate practice is necessary to obtain elite performance levels in activities ranging from golf to chess to music. Coined by Florida State psychologist Anders Ericsson and made famous by Malcolm Gladwell in his book Outliers, the 10,000 hour rule reflects the idea that becoming a world-class athlete or performer rests on a long period of hard work rather than “innate ability” or talent. You don’t need to be born with the “right” genes to be a super star, says Ericsson, you just have to practice in the “right” way.
Is it true?
Is practice all it takes to achieve exceptional performance levels? Of course, the debate over whether stars are “born” or “made” has been going on since the time of the ancient Greek philosophers. In the beginning there was Plato, who argued that we come into this world with biologically endowed abilities and skills and that our highest levels of success are predetermined by the heavens. On the other side of the debate was Aristotle, who just happened to be Plato’s student, and who adamantly believed that success was gained through learning and training. Several modern-day researchers like Anders Ericsson take Aristotle’s side, but not everyone does."
Interesting read: http://buff.ly/1j8fMSm
Things I love: social media, hockey, and photography
What passion do you pursue and practice the most?
- Yokel Local Internet Marketing, IncCo-Founder/Online Marketing Consultant, 2 - present
* He is one of the Founding Partners of Yokel Local Internet Marketing, Inc, a fast growing small business internet marketing firm based in Las Vegas, NV that focuses primarily on helping business owners build a solid marketing foundation with their website, help them get found on local search engines, social media and help them capture and convert these visitors to leads, customers and profits.
* Consumer trends have dramatically changed and internet marketing can be very cost effective is business owners know how to use it.
* Unfortunately, most business owners are being bombarded by scam artists with bold promises to get their business on the first page of the search engines.
* There's a difference between being on the first page and monetizing your position on the first page. You must have a strategy for consistent traffic generation AND an effective plan for lead conversion and follow up plan.
- This is where I make a difference!
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Community College of Southern Nevada
Build a Dramatically Better Blog (4-part mini-course)
Discover what's keeping your blog from being more successful and learn how to get higher conversions and get more traffic in this free mini-
A Quick and Really Fun Overview of The Go-Giver | Bob Burg
A Quick and Really Fun Overview of. The Go-Giver. The Go-Giver book is available at these online booksellers (click the logos): Amazon · 800
How To Be More Interesting (In 10 Simple Steps) - Forbes
How to be interesting (in 10 stupid-simple steps): 1.Go exploring. Explore ideas, places, and opinions. The inside of the echo c
The Only Iliving App Review With Absolutely No Hype
Looking for a great hype free overview of the iLiving App (iLA). You've found it.
A Social Media Marketing Case Study: Uncertainty by Jonathan Fields | Co...
Copyblogger. Online marketing that works. Home; About; Software; Archives; Contact. Copywriting; Content Marketing; SEO Copywriting; Email M
YouTube - Uncertainty Book - Official Video Trailer
Create AccountSign In. Home. BrowseUpload. Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You're using an outdated browser, which You
YouTube - Michael Gerber: The Four Mind-Sets of an Entrepreneur: Innovat...
Create AccountSign In. Home. BrowseMoviesUpload. Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You're using an outdated browser, whi
DATA: Google Totally Blows Away Facebook On Ad Performance
Facebook's click-through rates are pathetic.
Does Shakeology Work? Let’s Look at These 7 Lifestyles
Does Shakeology Work? Let's Look at These 7 LifestylesBlog post at Home Fitness Success : One of the most popular questions I get about Sh
Gary Vaynerchuk In a Seminal Performance at the 2011 Inc 500 Conference ...
(WARNING: the above video contains lots of foul language. You should not watch this video if such language offends you). Apologies in advanc
How organizations structure their social-media teams
Infographic that explains how organizations structure their social-media teams.http://holykaw.alltop.com/how-organizations-structure-social-