If you have questions about Plus and privacy or just want to see how much of your Google data and personal info you can control, check it out.
Photo by our very own delicate flower, :)
Watching people try to destroy it and get butthurt would be funny. I mean, its not like they could be surprised its going to get set on fire at least a million times.
What is ACTA? Learn more about it
What is ACTA? ACTA is the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement. A new intellectual property enforcement treaty being negotiated by the United States, the European Community, Switzerland, and Japan, with Australia, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Mexico, Jordan, Morocco, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and Canada recently announcing that they will join in as well.
Why should you care about ACTA? Initial reports indicate that the treaty will have a very broad scope and will involve new tools targeting “Internet distribution and information technology.”
What is the goal of ACTA? Reportedly the goal is to create new legal standards of intellectual property enforcement, as well as increased international cooperation, an example of which would be an increase in information sharing between signatory countries’ law enforcement agencies.
Essential ACTA Resources:
- Read more about ACTA here: ACTA Fact Sheet https://www.eff.org/issues/acta
- Read the authentic version of the ACTA text as of 15 April 2011, as finalized by participating countries here: ACTA Finalized Text http://www.international.gc.ca/trade-agreements-accords-commerciaux/fo/acta-acrc.aspx?lang=eng&view=d
- Follow the history of the treaty’s formation here: ACTA history http://www.international.gc.ca/trade-agreements-accords-commerciaux/fo/intellect_property.aspx?view=d
- Read letters from U.S. Senator Ron Wyden where in he challenges the constitutionality of ACTA:
_Letter 1 http://wyden.senate.gov/newsroom/press/release/?id=12a5b1cb-ccb8-4e14-bb84-a11b35b4ec53
_ Letter 2 http://infojustice.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Wyden-01052012.pdf
Read the Administration’s Response to Wyden’s First Letter here:
Watch a short informative video on ACTA:
ACTA Video Say NO to ACTA
Watch a lulzy video on ACTA:
Lulzy Video Robocopyright ACTA
Say NO to ACTA. It is essential to spread awareness and get the word out on ACTA.
#ACTA #BLACKMARCH #SOPA #PIPA #STOPACTA #STOPSOPA
What are the problems with the Food Bill?
- It turns a human right (to grow food and share it) into a government-authorised privilege that can be revoked by the Governor-General.
- It makes it illegal to distribute “food” without authorisation, and it defines “food” in such a way that it includes nutrients, seeds, natural medicines, essential minerals and drinks (including water).
- It will push up mainstream food prices by subjecting producers to red tape and registration costs. Food prices are already rising due to increased energy costs and commodity speculation, while effective disposable incomes are falling.
- Growing food for distribution must be authorised, even for “cottage industries”, and such authorisation can be denied.
- Under the Food Bill, Food Safety Officers can enter premises without a warrant using all equipment they deem necessary, including guns (Clause 265 – 1). Police can be Food Safety Officers, and so can members of the private sector, as at Clause 243. So Monsanto employees can raid premises like houses or marae without a warrant, backed up by armed police.
- The Government has created this bill to keep in line with its World Trade Organisation obligations under an international scheme called Codex Alimentarius (“Food Book”). So it has to pass this bill in one form or another.
- There are problems with Codex also. Codex will place severe restrictions on the content of vitamins, minerals and therapeutic compounds in food, drinks and supplements etc. The Food Bill means that non-complying producers can be shut down easily – thus it paves the way for the legal enforcement of Codex food regulations.
(these points taken from http://nzfoodsecurity.org/ )
Torrents, Asian Movies, Music, TV Drama, Downloads - Asia Torrents
List of Torrents available in AsiaTorrents.com - Asian Movies, Music, TV Drama, Torrent Download
Facebook Is Tracking Your Every Move on the Web; Here's How to Stop It
Over the weekend, Dave Winer wrote an article at Scripting.com explaining how Facebook keeps track of where you are on the web after logging
TechEBlog » Batman Equation is Answered with the Bat-Symbol
TechEBlog, The Latest Tech and Gadget News
Oppose the New Zealand Government Food Bill 160-2 - Petition Online - Ne...
Oppose the New Zealand Government Food Bill 160-2, Create your online petition, let's change this world from the bottom. Sign for your figh
Cold Steel Knives : The Ultimate Knife and Blade Company
Cold Steel Folding, Fixed Blade, Hunting, Tactical, Combat, Survival, Pocket knife, knives, swords, machetes, tomahawks, Pepper Spray, knife
Rats have been wrongly maligned and are actually kind hearted, generous ...
Research from Chicago University suggests that the much-maligned rodents have got a bad rap but they may not really be such rotters.