Just been working on the "Complete Prosopaedia" as part of the Gods Book - a far more comprehensive summary of all the Great, Major, and many minor deities of Glorantha. The original prosopaedia (from Gods of Glorantha) had 240 entries. The new chapter has over 530, and every one has been updated or expanded. Once the entry descriptions are done and Rune associations added, I can double-check to make sure that every god mentioned in the Guide gets a nice full description.
43 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 19 previous comments
- No -cannot be. Heretics - Ragnaglar lives. The rumors and falsehoods concerning his demise have been greatly exaggerated. Rise and Rise againJul 24, 2014
- Only 530 gods! That means people will have to share! (We want a god in every pot!)Jul 25, 2014
- " There's some interesting breakdowns in the entries. The Orlanth and Yelm pantheons have the most entries associated with them (127 and 113 respectively), with the Malkioni in a distant third (50), and the Fonritians and Lunars tied for fourth (42 each). "
That's why the Lunar Empire was formed. Healing world? Bah! It was so one could add Lunar gods to those of the Dara Happans and beat the Olanthi!Jul 25, 2014
- Jeff RichardOwnerI was thinking that myself...Jul 25, 2014
- Hmmm. This would mean 390 cults more to the one pagers... My mind boggles... Does the above 530 count the Chaos gods - there must be more of them than just the few we generally knowJul 25, 2014
- Struggling through the Guide - lots of gods, though I suspect many are the same deity wearing a different hat. There's also considerable overlap between gods, powers, spirits, heroes and dragons, and a few entities which are named but I can't categorize, and can't tell if they are any of the above...Jul 31, 2014