According to the OEVA historian: Portland Oregon had an active Electric Vehicle Chapter of the NELA (National Electric Light Association) in 1915 (and likely before) and in 1916 (and likely beyond). IIRC, in December of 1915, the Portland EV enthusiasts held an EV parade thru downtown with over 25 EV’s including ‘pleasure’ and ‘commercial’ vehicles. In 1915 also there were at least 3 Electric Vehicle ‘charging garages’ and at least 3 distributors of electric cars that represented Waverly, Detroit & Milburn. In the 1916 Proceedings of NELA, the Electric Vehicle Section from Portland, Oregon presented a summary of their efforts in 1915. This included referencing several NELA-chapter sponsored EV-promotion ads placed in the local paper an a Full-Page EV-focused Oregonian page.