Pesto-Coated Carrot and Parsnip Fettuccini
3 large carrots, peeled
3 large parsnips, peeled
1 tbsp cold-pressed (extra virgin) olive oil
1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
11⁄2 tbsp fine sea salt, divided
3⁄4 cup cold-pressed hemp oil
1⁄2 cup raw shelled hemp seeds
3 cloves garlic
3 cups chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. Using a vegetable peeler, peel carrots and parsnips into long, thin strips, dropping into a bowl as completed (see Tips, left.) Add olive oil, 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice and 1⁄4 tsp (1 mL) salt and toss until vegetables are well coated. Set aside for 10 minutes, until softened.
2. In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, process hemp oil and seeds, garlic and remaining lemon juice and salt, until somewhat smooth but the hemp seeds retain some texture. Add cilantro and process until chopped and blended, stopping the motor once to scrape down the sides of the work bowl. Add pesto to fettuccine, toss well and serve.
•Substitute an equal quantity of parsley leaves for the cilantro.
•Peeling the vegetables lengthwise produces the long, thin strips required for this recipe. For best results use a Y-shaped (slingshot) vegetable peeler. When using a regular peeler, you can glide down the length of the vegetable to make one long, thin strip.
•If you prefer, combine the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl before tossing with the vegetables, to ensure even integration.Recipe adapted from the book Eat Raw, Eat Well by Douglas McNish
1. Express gratitude.
2. Cultivate optimism.
3. Avoid over-thinking and social comparison.
4. Practice acts of kindness.
5. Nurture social relationships.
6. Develop strategies for coping.
7. Learn to forgive.
8. Increase flow experiences.
9. Savor life’s joys.
10. Commit to your goals.
11. Practice spirituality.
12. Take care of your body.
Homegrown Revolution Trailer: Premiers Wild & Scenic Film Festival J...
Homegrown Revolution (2008) is a film short that gives a brief introduction to the Dervaes Family's urban homestead which they call "Path to
Creamy Coco-Banana Garam Masala Pudding | The Tera Warner Blog
Indian spices are an excellent addition to desserts as well as savory dishes. The flavours of coconut, vanilla and garam masala in this raw