Fascinating discussion between Steve Pinker and Robert Kaplan: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/25752052
51 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 18 previous comments
- Ah masculinists do have same motivations often as much as any 'group'. It is all about that social hierarchy at the base. So politics, religion, and of the like do such things as stereotype and follow for such ways.
Even altruism is but a survival instinct besides acts o violence. This altruism thing can be shown of evolution just based on a simple mathematical equation.
Some how when some one thinks they are being brave and good in any moral one must think twice for all cause and effect of things.Oct 10, 2012
- Though with all the fictional entertainment having some kind of violence who would need to?Oct 10, 2012
- Here is something interesting too. http://www.carnegiecouncil.org/studio/multimedia/20120927/index.htmlOct 11, 2012
- , you also have to take into consideration the fact that the world population grew like 100 times since ancient times.
So of course more people are going to die in wars, but proportionally speaking, not even WW2 can hold a candle to a prehistoric tribal war, where one tribe would kill all the males in another tribe and steal all their women.Oct 19, 2012
- Sex, altruism, and violence all wrapped together in social hierarchy of human nature. Can it be avoided in creation of law and morals?Oct 20, 2012
- I've read pinker's book and would agree the evidence seems overwhelming)Mar 16, 2013
Add a comment...