Okay, first off, welcome to Extra Life 2013! We're going to have a busy year, so be ready to be more than just a warm body. We need you to put your skills to work -- whether that's graphic design, project management, or an amazing recipe for cookies -- so we can play games and heal kids.
A couple of things I want to bring to your attention for this year:
-There are a lot of restrictions with underage volunteers, so:
-We don't want or need liability for underage drinking. For this reason, we decided that most meetings will take place in places where you need to be of age
-No one under 18 can volunteer for any event without a parent/legal guardian present for supervision (this is a legal thing, so no arguments and no exceptions)
-Because Austin traffic sucks, we'd like to have a north crew and a south crew this year. If you're interested in leading one of these crews, please say something
-Got a friend that wants to join or might be interested? Great. Forward this event to them. We want a big, active street team.
-Know a business or organization that might be interested in working with Extra Life? Fantastic. Let's talk.
Finally, the info you've been waiting on: Our first meeting will be at Crow Bar on April 17th at 7:00 p.m. During this meeting, we will be assigning roles for the year, so if you have a skillset that you would like to develop or a talent that you think we need, now is the time to speak up (I'm always on Google Talk and in my email).
See you next month!
Christina "Chris" Brady
- AquentDigital Projects Coordinator, Shell Lubricants, 2014 - 2014
- Extra Life ATXCommittee Chair and Social Media Manager, 2012 - 2014
- Greenhouse AgencySocial Interactive Manager, 2012 - 2014
- FreelanceFreelance Writer and SEO, 2011 - 2012
- Steel Penny GamesInteractive & Social Marketer, 2012 - 2012
- CerebralFixSocial Media & Community Manager, 2011 - 2012
- Contact WorksRemote Support Technician, 2011 - 2012
- Moolala.comSales & Content Coordinator, 2011 - 2011
- Extra Life HoustonSocial Media Coordinator, 2010 - 2011
- Pop LabsSearch Engine Marketing Specialist, 2010 - 2011
- CorestaffTemporary Development Communications Writer, 2009 - 2010
- Hall-Garcia Cardiology AssociatesElectrophysiology Secretary, 2008 - 2009
- Silverlust JewelrySalesperson, 2007 - 2008
- University of HoustonEditorial Intern/Work-Study, 2005 - 2007
- FunplexMarketing Manager, 2005 - 2004
- Community BankOrganizational Teller, 2003 - 2004
Professional social/interactive manager looking for a new gig. Former Social Interactive Manager for Greenhouse Agency and the Brown-Forman Brand Champions Program, committee chair and social media manager for @ExtraLifeATX, Social Media & Community Manager for @CerebralFix and @ExtraLifeHou. Gamer. Crocheter. Nail artist. Semi-fluent in Japanese. Nothing would make me happier than waking up one morning to discover I've suddenly figured out how to be funny. Or how not to be broke. Either way.
- University of Houston
- Houston Community College
- Katy High School