What is "faster than realtime" for you? Your quote might end in a CNN story and/or LeWeb opening remarks! Thanks :-)
5 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 17 previous comments
- This is all perspective based. Real time for some could be faster than real time for others. Faster than real time for me is when i look at the clock after a busy day, and the day is over.Jun 15, 2012
- For me "faster than realtime" is information, recommendation, advice that I receive before I need it. Electronic gadget that gives that information or advice to me, knows what I need, like and want. This requires solid predictability capability, on site data crunching, connection to social location services, sensors, ubiquitous computing, knowledge on my previous activities, likes and wants. And much more.
This story illustrates what I'm trying to say:
Walking on the street, and my gadgets notifies that it is about time to eat and the restaurant I was reading good reviews couple days ago is closing by, and they have dish that I like, but have not eaten for a while. Sensors on me are detecting that energy levels are about to go down, so it would be perfect time to eat. At restaurant gadget tells me that my friend is passing by with his bike in five minutes and recommends me to call him. I call the guy and he joins me for lunch. After lunch we step out, gadget notifies that it is going to rain in 2 minutes and recommends that we run to closest store across the street to get an umbrella, on sale of course. Store has electronic department, I can't usually pass them, sensors will detect that my motion is slowing down, and so gadget reminds that I have made promise to my dearest that I would not spend more on electronics this month. I take the umbrella and go for soft drinks department. Before I reach the department, gadget tells me that sensors on me have noticed that I have had enough sugar for the day, taken that I want to loose that extra pound. Gadget recommends I should not go for the Coke option I was clearly heading, but rather for the still water bottles. And, if I want to reach better points on "Ecological Consumer Score" I should go for option NNN, since it is not exported good and the company has great ecological score as well. Ok, I think. That sounds great...
I could go on for hours on this story, but you get the point.Jun 15, 2012
- It's about creating the Google Earth of predictions through data. The Google Maps of forecasting. The Street View of human behavior.
One day maybe Prince Charles will be able to host an insight forecast instead of a meteorological forecast ;-)Jun 15, 2012
- Blooms Tower Defence 5, when you hit level 70+ :)Jun 15, 2012
- Bloons* damn auto correctJun 15, 2012
- Predicted Time. Having things come in to your life moments because they're needed. Calling to reserve a table, only to find it's been reserved already. Going to your smartphone to call your Mom, only to find out it's already dialling. Even something as simple as the browser pre-load.. Loading a page just before you click on it is predicted time.Jun 15, 2012